birdie22

Apparently My Doc Forgot She Didn't Diagnose Me

Rate this topic

I had a follow up appt with my PCP today. Quick background...I've been seeing her for a year now for my symptoms. She diagnosed me as NCGS back in April after neg blood panel, normal vitamin/mineral, and positive response to gluten-free diet. After the neg panel she didn't want to refer me to a GI because I obviously didnt have celiac.

So today at my follow up I tell her that things continue to improve for the most part and that at minimum nothing is getting worse or as bad as it was 1 yr ago. I also tell her that I've been in summer vacation for the past 3 wks and that some of my symptoms have flared a bit and I wonder if this is because I'm now home with my small kids and making lots of sandwiches and toasting bagels and such. So on my patient plan (the paperwork you get to take home) The notes say " celiace symptoms showing improvement" and "will do follow up gliadin AB test in 3 mos to test for continued exposure. ". Huh. Really? Gee didn't know you changed your mind on that celiac diagnosis nor did I think you'd test my AB level considering it was nonexistent 6 mos ago. What's most likely is she didn't read back in my file at the appointment to see that she never diagnosed me with celiac. Honestly I could care less but it is poor form to not know your patients history when it's right in front of you.

I think they have their mind made up by the end of your first sentence. I am truely beggining to distrust Docs.

We had a doctor call and tell us that BOTH children had celiacs. Wow...not expecting the other one. At the follow-up where they sit you down and explain, he looked and said "Oh, that one doesn't now but we will recheck her". UGGG! He had his nurse call and tell us that both had it. Did you change your mind? Did her results suddenly change? I switched doctors.

Just 2 more examples of why there are so many self diagnosed celiacs on this board.