This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fried Donut Holes

1974girl

1974girl Enthusiast

Ok...just decided to make a new thread out of it! My dd misses donuts more than any other food. These aren't Dunkin Donuts but they are still yummy!

2 cups gluten-free Bisquick

3 Tablespoons sugar

1/2 cup milk (soy, rice, cow)

1 t. ground cinnamon

1 t. vanilla extract

1 egg beaten

1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam (optional)

In a large bowl, mix together first 6 ingredients. Add more milk, a tablespoon at a time if mixture is very thick. (I had to do this). Heat about 3 inches of oil in a large pot or fire up the deep fryer! (375-ish)

You can make donut balls by hand (pretty) or scoop them off by spoonful into the hot oil. DOn't over crowd your pot...just fry a few at at time. Using a slotted spoon, turn donuts when they appear golden. Fry about 3 min. per side. Remove donuts to a paper towel to drain while you fry the next batch! here is the best part...using a pastry tip...squirt raspberry jam in the middle. We also roll them in powdered sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

beachbirdie Contributor

O yummm! Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to try this one on my donut-loving gluten-eating husband. I cannot convince him that there are LOTS of yummy gluten-free things out there that he can love even though we've fed him lots of them!

1974girl Enthusiast

Ok--one more for your husband. I have posted this before but needs repeating.

Crock pot molten chocolate cake

Large Jello Pudding (chocolate)

gluten-free Better Crocker Chocolate Cake Mix

Handful of chocolate chips or marshmallows (optional)

Make the pudding as directed and put in the bottom of the crock pot. Make the cake as directed and pour on top of the pudding. Bake about 3-4 hours on low. I think I did 2 low and one high. When the cake is springy, it is done. Don't worry about the "lava" it is just the pudding bubbling up. You can top with more chocolate chips at the end. OR...marshmallows and pecans for a Georgia Mud Fudge feel. Trust me...my gluten eating DH loves this!

beachbirdie Contributor

Make the pudding as directed and put in the bottom of the crock pot. Make the cake as directed and pour on top of the pudding. Bake about 3-4 hours on low. I think I did 2 low and one high. When the cake is springy, it is done. Don't worry about the "lava" it is just the pudding bubbling up. You can top with more chocolate chips at the end. OR...marshmallows and pecans for a Georgia Mud Fudge feel. Trust me...my gluten eating DH loves this!

My entire family of chocolate addicts is going to love this one! Yummm!

squirmingitch Veteran

Oh YUM!!!!! Thank you , thank you 1974girl!smile.gif

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Oh, you're goin down, sister. :ph34r:

The ninjas have been dispatched.

squirmingitch Veteran

Oh, you're goin down, sister. :ph34r:

The ninjas have been dispatched.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

1974girl Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
JNBunnie1 Community Regular

What if you did a few sliced apples, cup of honey, stick of butter, melt all in the bottom of the crockpot, spice it up, and then add a yellow cake?

Archived