Rate this topic

What do you suggest for party food? I have a fair bit, but just after some more ideas.

What do you suggest for party food? I have a fair bit, but just after some more ideas.

Fruit kabobs with yogurt dip

Chips and salsa

gluten-free granola bars with yogurt dip

Fruit rollups

Pretzels dipped in chocolate or served with chocolate sauce /Nutella

Veggie chips

Chips, Cheese balls/puffs , Dorito's baked ,

I don't know what granola bars are, but I meant to say nut free and vegan as well as gluten free. (thought I said it, sorry)

We have coconut rough, mini pizzas, jelly cups, pumpkin pasties, melon balls on tooth picks.

Of course since we are vego it will need to be fully gluten-free and vegan, but her friend has a nut allergy.

We will have roughly 20 kids and 10 adults. She is having 2 cakes because of the theme. Most kids will be 7 to 9, with a couple of 1 to 3 year ods.

Hummus, crackers, fruit dip made with coconut yogurt, cupcakes, cookies, Enjoy life Trail mix, dips made with tofutti sour cream/cream cheese.

For my son's 5th birthday party last week, I did a big fruit salad, corn chips with a cowboy caviar type of dip and caprese salad skewers. Not typical kid food, but the kids all loved it! I was actually kind of catering to the adults, but the kids really enjoyed the food!

So she is having a Harry Potter party and I found recipes for the food in the Harry Potter series. They can be made gluten free and vegan, except the licorice wands so working on a way to adapt.

So she is having a Harry Potter party and I found recipes for the food in the Harry Potter series. They can be made gluten free and vegan, except the licorice wands so working on a way to adapt.

I read an article awhile back about someone making "potions" at a Harry Potter Party. Actually they were smoothies with the kids choosing the fresh ingredients that were given wizardly names. I thought it was a cute and healthy idea. Sorry I can't remember where I saw it, but it shouldn't be hard to do.

For vegan I would do hummus, bean dip, salsa, assorted chips and pretzels. Maybe popcorn. A fruit plate. A veggie plate. We did Enjoy Life cookies instead of a cake.

I read an article awhile back about someone making "potions" at a Harry Potter Party. Actually they were smoothies with the kids choosing the fresh ingredients that were given wizardly names. I thought it was a cute and healthy idea. Sorry I can't remember where I saw it, but it shouldn't be hard to do.

We had a "potions" table, I can't even remember all the names of them now, but we had things like Vampire Blood which was just red cordial, and I found some sherbert too. I bought little cauldrons from the party shop in their halloween section, and used alcohol bottles that I got from Freecycle for the liquid. We have a softdrink maker so I made up some softdrink and when they mixed the sherbert with softdrink in test tubes it fizzed right up, turned out so good.

We have a shop here that sells gluten free, organic, vegan items that mimic the regular ones but with a price tag that would make most people nearly die, luckily she only has a birthday once a year, and this is the first really big one she has had.