~**caselynn**~

Yummy Date Balls

Rate this topic

I made some very yummy date balls this evening and it's a healthy snack, can't go wrong! Oh and easy, was it ever! 2 simple ingredients, dates and almonds. You just process dares and almonds together, and roll into 1" balls, I then processed a few more almonds to roll the balls in but you could do coconut as well. All ingredients are raw, organic, just my preference! :) Anyone have a recipe like this they'd like to share??

You have discovered the basic Larabar recipe!! Approximately 8 dates and 1/2 to 1/3 cup chopped nuts makes 4 bars. I've made most of the flavours by copying the ingredients from the Larabars; they are alot cheaper if you make your own! My favourite variation is pistachio-lime, made with 1/2 c pistachios plus 1 tbsp lime juice and the zest of one lime. Hmmm, it would be really good coated in coconut - I'll have to try that!

You have discovered the basic Larabar recipe!! Approximately 8 dates and 1/2 to 1/3 cup chopped nuts makes 4 bars. I've made most of the flavours by copying the ingredients from the Larabars; they are alot cheaper if you make your own! My favourite variation is pistachio-lime, made with 1/2 c pistachios plus 1 tbsp lime juice and the zest of one lime. Hmmm, it would be really good coated in coconut - I'll have to try that!

Mmmm, lime and pistachio, my two favorite things. Must go shopping today.

I'll have to try the lime pistachio that sounds wicked yummy!!