amcam17

Large Amount Of Hair Loss

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted for about two weeks. I was doing amazing! Still am, however, I am having an extrement amount of hairloss. It's been really bad the past year. I was at a church function tonight and ran my fingers through my hair and a handful of hair came out! I'm really involved with the children/youth ministry at church and a seven year old was standing in front of me and she said Miss Amie are you ok? Tears instantly came down my cheeks. She is the sweetest little girl ever and she just gave me the biggest hug...I'm absolutely pettrified. My boyfriend and my family all say it will pass, but I really don't want to loose my hair. When I wash my hair in the morning like 7 handfulls come out....It's so upsetting!

Please help!

Hair loss can be a symptom of iron-deficient anemia. And anemia is a symptom of gluten intolerance. Do you know what your iron level or red blood cell count is?

Hair loss can be a symptom of iron-deficient anemia. And anemia is a symptom of gluten intolerance. Do you know what your iron level or red blood cell count is?

The doctor said everything is in order...and is fine....

Are you taking any gluten-free vitamins? A good biotin might help in addition to a good high level multi. Also check and make sure all your toiletries are gluten free and be really careful about cross contamination.

Many of us know how distressing this loss can be but hopefully it will stop soon. Your body has been under a lot of stress and as you heal it should resolve. It can seem like it takes forever for hair to grow back but most see regrowth in about 3 months.

I agree with RAvenwood. Take a multivitamin and up the Biotin and B12 with additional supplements. Both B12 and Biotin are not known to have any toxity level. Liquid form would be best for vitamins for quick absorbtion.