Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

livelifelarge24

You Find Out Who Your Friends Are...

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost any friends because of your celiac diagnosis?

• Yes and it sucks.
    • No way, everyone has been very understanding.
    • Yes but its good riddance anyway.
    • My diagnosis has caused me to be the one to shy away from my old friends because I don't want to be a pain to them.

Thanks guys.

It really stinks finding out somebody who know you - knows your character - professes love - and walks away from you when you can't get a medical diagnosis for your crippling condition.

I might not be popular, but I am trying to see the other side too. While I don't know, if any of this applies to your situation, but some people make their disease their indentity and complain about it everyday and almost every minute. I had a friend who was complaining all the time(while not about disease) and I would feel so exausted and feeling bad after our meetings,that I told her, that either she will start looking for solutions for her problems(as she always found exuses why my proposed solutions would't work), or I can't be friends with her. I call this emotional vampire situation, while unintentional. I am sure she found others to terorize, and from then we were just occasional friends which was such a relief.

Of course, if your friend is truly doing things on purpose to annoy and even make you sick, then don't worry about loosing her - rejoice in it!