Rate this topic

When I was a child I lived in Florida. We loved watermelons in the summertime! One day I decided (at about 7) that we dont get to buy it often enough so i decided to plant one of the watermelon seeds out of the last watermelon we were eating. I went out back, dug a hole and planted that little seed. Every morning i would wake up, look out that back window in anxious anticipation, and i expected i would see a watermelon grow over night.

Eventually I guess my mom felt bad for me because i woke up one morning. Walked to the back porch, looked out, there was a watermelon! Only it was not where i had planted my little seed lol! I figured that one out pretty quick (not because it grew overnight but because it was not in the right spot) but did not admit I knew she had placed it there. After all she was the one who taught me that if you do not believe in the toothfairy, you dont get money for you tooth so I acted as if I never knew just to keep those melons coming haha!

You have a great mom!

What a wonderful story.smile.gif

You have a great mom!

What a wonderful story.smile.gif

Yeah she is a great mom even if i say so myself. Just one of those feel good childhood memories.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I had heard the term "rock garden" and thought if I planted some pebbles they would grow into rocks. So I did, and my sister went out later and replaced these pebbles with bigger rocks. The next day I was so excited! "Mom! My rocks grew!!" Mom was in on the deception and told me to go water them some more. :lol: The next day they were bigger! It was about a week before they told me the truth, but as a four year old, I didn't believe them. I think I kept watering those rocks for half the summer.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I had heard the term "rock garden" and thought if I planted some pebbles they would grow into rocks. So I did, and my sister went out later and replaced these pebbles with bigger rocks. The next day I was so excited! "Mom! My rocks grew!!" Mom was in on the deception and told me to go water them some more. :lol: The next day they were bigger! It was about a week before they told me the truth, but as a four year old, I didn't believe them. I think I kept watering those rocks for half the summer.

Hehehe. When we look back on those things it just tickles us the simplicity of the way we viewed life. I wish I could see life that simply again.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif