Rate this topic

I am new here and have a question about Planters Cashews? Are they gluten free even if the can does not say gluten free?

If the label reads just cashews its okay but you gotta watch for the seasoned nuts...or the spiced nuts.some may not be gluten-free due to the spice or seasoning ingredient

Planters is a Kraft brand. Kraft will not hide gluten. If an ingredient is derived from a gluten grain, the name of the grain will appear in the ingredients.

Kraft do not test for accidental gluten contamination, and therefore do not label products as gluten-free.

I trust Kraft products and use many of them.

Here's a list of companies that have a clear gluten disclosure policy. If you don't see "wheat, rye, barley, barley malt, oats" on the labels, its not there, or hidden in "flavors, starches, etc."

In the US, if it contains wheat, they must list it. If it contains malt or barley malt, they will list it because it's a premium ingredient. Once in a while, a nut will have a flavor and list wheat - like a nacho cheese flavoring, for example. I eat nuts from planters, even the honey roasted. But I always read labels.

You wouldn't have much to eat if you only ate stuff that says " gluten free" on it.