MitziG

I Ate A Whole Box Of Kinnicick Donuts And Now I Am Sick!

Rate this topic

Bloated, stomach hurts...so clearly they are contaminated! ;)

Its not my fault they made them so delicious- and way too small. They are like...baby donuts. Really. Chocolate covered infant chew toys.

Sitting like rocks in my stomach.

Ugh.

Hope everyone sees your "wink, wink" there. I can picture everyone suddenly spitting out their little baby donuts as we speak. :lol: Your thread title is a bit misleading.

Poor babe. Try some club soda with bitters in it. Loosen your pants. No wait, just take them off!!!

Yup, I did that ONCE with too many King Arthur blueberry pancakes.

Oh man, they tasted like heaven in my mouth.

But, holy crappers, girl, we need to show some restraint. :D

As tasty as they may be, they are full of carbs and sugar and your tummy is letting you know it ain't happy.

Hope you feel better soon.

A good reminder that there are reasons besides cc of gluten that can make us feel bad -

Food poisionimg, stomach bug, pregnancy, any food made by a MIL, and gluttony! :(

Enough of that... On to the important facts!

Are they frozen? Do you microwave or sit them out to defrost? Coffee or milk to accompany? Pepto or Tums?

I did that to myself with Kinnikinnick donuts too. :lol: They're dangerously good, aren't they?

They come from a dedicated plant so I doubt they were contaminated. I think you may have just eaten too many or there is something other than gluten that you may be intolerant to.

I used to think a lot of stuff was CC'd even from dedicated plants until I realized I can't tolerate soy or bean flours.

They come from a dedicated plant so I doubt they were contaminated. I think you may have just eaten too many or there is something other than gluten that you may be intolerant to.

I used to think a lot of stuff was CC'd even from dedicated plants until I realized I can't tolerate soy or bean flours.

Pssssst... It's a joke! She ate the WHOLE BOX!

I did that to myself with Kinnikinnick donuts too. :lol: They're dangerously good, aren't they?

I've never seen them, but since I have already put back over 30 lbs. since DX, (only 15 of which was a good idea) maybe I had better NOT find them?? :lol:

I've never seen them either and if they are that good, I don't think I need them. That's also the very reason I don't buy Glutino Sesame Pretzel Rings very often.

I feel bad for you but I can't help but laugh too. This sounds exactly like the sort of thing I would do. We have them here and I keep almost buying them but they're SO EXPENSIVE. At least you know now your next box will last longer. :lol:

Pssssst... It's a joke! She ate the WHOLE BOX!

Never could tell when someone was joking. :o

Yes, it was a joke! I thought the little winking guy would clue everyone in, sorry! But yeah, I just was chuckling cuz sometimes it seems we blame everything on gluten... but yup, gluttony, not gluten, was the culprit this time.

And in answer to another posters question, I ate them frozen! I picked some up on my way to work cuz I was dying for a donut and our grocery store JUST started carrying these. And it was a stressful morning at work...so...munch munch munch! I felt like such a bloated toad! All that sugar and carbs..blech. but they sure did taste good! :)

Yes, these donuts are the BEST! I especially like the cinnamon-sugar ones--they have the same consistency and taste as my mom's homemade donuts. She used to make them about twice a year, and they were soooo tasty. I also like the caramel-frosted ones, but I think they must use grapefruit or something in them, because they give me the same migraine that grapefruit does....so now I avoid that variety. As to why you feel ill, it may be that so many donuts at one time overloaded you with guar gum or xanthan gum. If I eat too many gluten-free baked goods at one sitting, I'm always sorry afterwards--lots of bloating and running to the bathroom.

So glad you enjoyed the donuts--they really ARE special!

Its not my fault they made them so delicious- and way too small. They are like...baby donuts. Really. Chocolate covered infant chew toys.

Sitting like rocks in my stomach.

Ugh.

Oh my gosh. :o

I'm really glad, I guess, that I can't find them where I live. Because if I knew they were available, your post would have had me jumping up from my computer to go get some!!! :lol:

More seriously, it is so great that there are products available that are truly good and make us WANT to eat them, rather than being substitutes that we tolerate but don't LOVE!

Yes, it was a joke! I thought the little winking guy would clue everyone in, sorry! But yeah, I just was chuckling cuz sometimes it seems we blame everything on gluten... but yup, gluttony, not gluten, was the culprit this time.

And in answer to another posters question, I ate them frozen! I picked some up on my way to work cuz I was dying for a donut and our grocery store JUST started carrying these. And it was a stressful morning at work...so...munch munch munch! I felt like such a bloated toad! All that sugar and carbs..blech. but they sure did taste good! :)

So you don't recommend defrosting? :D

This has been a fun read. Half of one of these babies is sufficient for me as I would rather spend my calories on something I love but what I do relate to is not stopping at just one thing. If I know it's there it drives me crazy. It's as though that snack is sitting there, sticking out its tongue and taunting me. :P BTW, the Kinnikinnick plant is only three hours' drive from my house but I don't go there for the doughnuts. :) Let me know and I can ship gigantic boxes to you and only charge a nominal fee. ;)

HALF of a baby donut?!! That is just enough to drive me insane! But seriously, I know sugar and carbs trigger these ridiculous sugar binges in me, so generally, I avoid it altogether. Been trying to do primal/paleo...but I'm not very good at it obviously! But, moment of weakness is over with...so no need for your gigantic donut shipment, but thank you! ;)

HALF of a baby donut?!! That is just enough to drive me insane! But seriously, I know sugar and carbs trigger these ridiculous sugar binges in me, so generally, I avoid it altogether. Been trying to do primal/paleo...but I'm not very good at it obviously! But, moment of weakness is over with...so no need for your gigantic donut shipment, but thank you! ;)

Believe me, it's not willpower - I just don't really like the doughnuts that much and I've tried to. They are cake doughnuts and those I am familiar with and love are the big puffy light yeast doughnuts. I have moments of weakness daily at least! My cravings tend to be salty savoury as opposed to sweet. :P

I do the same thing with Kettle Chips. I have to quit buying them. I'll eat a whole bag at one sitting and then my tummy is none too pleased with my silly decision. I keep saying to myself, this is the last chip, put the bag away. But that never works... ;)

I will steer clear of these donuts, I've always been a donut junky, so I can see myself doing the same thing with them.

LOL. I did the same thing. At first I just ate one and didn't have any problems. Then a few days later I ate the rest of the box and got sick. :rolleyes: When it comes to sweets and heavy deserts like flour-less cake and those donuts, I highly recommend not eating a lot at once.