Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilgreen

Symptoms Gone Today, Test Tomorrow-still Worth It?

My symptoms (severe stomach pains, diarhea, loss of appetite, fatigue) flared up Sunday and Monday but have died down to basically nil today (Wednesday). I am scheduled for a biopsy tomorrow morning.

Is it still worth it? Can I still test positive if my symptoms aren't raging?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Your symptoms do not have to be severe for a biopsy to be positive, but you do need to be on gluten. Are you currently eating gluten-free or have you stayed on gluten for the biopsy?? The biopsy may not accurately show what is going on if you have already been eating gluten-free.

My symptoms (before gluten-free diet) were off and on with some daily, but most occuring a couple times a week and lasting for a few days. What is happening with you is not uncommon.

Good luck with the biopsy tomorrow.

God bless,

Mariann :)

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I have not been to Mayo or the University of Chicago, but I am older and have two other autoimmune disorders in addition to celiac disease.  I have found that gluten exposures trigger not only my celiac disease, but ramps  up my other autoimmune (...
    Does anyone have experience with Dapsone for DH improvement?
    So sorry to hear of your challenges. Have you considered SIBO?  What you describe, particularly the long flares, seems like your GI microbiome is off. This causes malabsorption and many other issues due to deficiencies. Have you considered ...