Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFreeMO

Breakfast Sausage

I've had the same sticking problem with ground turkey, IH. I usually use ghee rather than EVOO because I don't like heating vegetable oils. Besides, butter flavor improves everything! :lol:

What she said!

I've had the same sticking problem with ground turkey, IH. I usually use ghee rather than EVOO because I don't like heating vegetable oils. Besides, butter flavor improves everything! :lol:

Agree! and oh baby, I love my butter, Sky! Kerry Gold Irish Butter--yum, butt ( :lol: ) even that has made it stick. hmm....

I will go back to ghee, then--- with the ground turkey.

Thanks, sweets! ;)

That's the truth! :)

I prefer the ground turkey, too (in most things I sub in for the red meat ) and so, may I ask you, when you use it recipes, do you notice it is much drier (from lack of fat) and therefore, seems to stick to the pan? I make a chili with ground turkey and boy, I have a hard time keeping it from getting TOO brown and stuck to the bottom. I end up using EVOO to keep it moist.

Any tips most appreciated!! :)

I'm afraid I'm not going to be a lot of help. When I'm pan frying patties I just spray my pan with a little cooking spray. The outside of the patties gets nice and brown and crusty which we like. I do have to be sure to really get a metal spatula under the patties to turn them or that crust can be left on the bottom of the pan. I've never had any trouble browning ground turkey for use in recipes such as chili. Sorry.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be a lot of help. When I'm pan frying patties I just spray my pan with a little cooking spray. The outside of the patties gets nice and brown and crusty which we like. I do have to be sure to really get a metal spatula under the patties to turn them or that crust can be left on the bottom of the pan. I've never had any trouble browning ground turkey for use in recipes such as chili. Sorry.

That's okay!

I figured out it was the Pot or pan I was using (All-Clad) on my new stove.

I HATE not having a gas stove. Can't knock the heat down fast enough for my taste.

and...when I use my old cheapo non-stick pan, no problem. Fancy pan? sticks.

Mystery solved.

This is pretty quick and easy and really good!

Breakfast Sausage

Mo! :)

Just wanted to tell you (and I posted this in the "What are you making for dinner" thread, too) --these sausage patties ??---are awesome.

Thank you, hon!!

xxoo IH