Kayshae

Help! Newly Diagnosed

Rate this topic

I was just diagnosed 4 days ago and have been eating gluten free and I was wondering if anyone went through a period of being constipated. What should I expect through the next few weeks? Help please!

One thought: if bread was your main fiber source, perhaps you need more fiber?

It can take months to get everything adjusted and working smoothly. Hang in there.

Oh....and drink extra water. Damaged intestines seem to need extra water.

Hi Kayshae, and welcome!

Getting started cab be a bit of a rollercoaster experience. Your body needs time adjust to the diet change and heal. You might be well off to avoid sugars and starches and take some probiotics. Also avoid dairy and soy. Eating only whole foods for a few months is a good thing. Healing can take months to years depending on many factors.

FAQ Celiac com

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/forum-7/announcement-3-frequently-asked-questions-about-celiac-disease/

Newbie Info 101

What's For Breakfast Today?

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

What Are You Cooking Tonight?

How bad is cheating?

I'm just a few days further into my diagnosis than you. :) A few days ago, I was quite blocked up for a couple of days but it passed now. C is something I've always had though.

From what I understand, many people go through withdrawl from gluten for a couple of weeks so we could have a few more rocky days ahead of us... For me it's the headache in it's third day. Ouch. :rolleyes:

Hang in there. I hope you feel well soon.

Hang in there! Once you get going it will get easier. The beginning is all about learning and trying new things! Good luck to you!!

i've had the opposite trouble - starches seem to solidify things for me, and i cut most of them out at first! slowly eating more, though, trying to equalize...