Victoria6102

Finally Getting Some Color

Rate this topic

WOOOOHOOO!

I have been as pasty white and pale as can be for my whole life. Like a sickly looking white....going gluten free didn't help that, but recently I found out that I'm severely anemic so doctor told me to take Iron. After taking it for 3 weeks , I noticed today that I am actually getting some color! My cheeks look a little pinker, and my arms actually are less white! This is great I'm SO excited! People always say " you're the whitest person on earth" and "are you albino" lol

But now I'm getting some color! No one thinks it's exciting but me:P but I know you guys always get happy over little breakthroughs in our health so Yay!

That's great news! clapping.gif

Bet your feeling a lot better too. :)

Same thing happening here, started iron last fall, HUGE change! Nice, idn't it?

Excellent. :)

Thanks guys! Yes I do feel a lot better! My lightheadedness is so much better! I used to run off of stages because I would feel so dizzy but on Sunday I sang with a group of girls in a service at my church...and I stayed up there for the whole song and didn't wobble or have to hold onto anything! Things are getting better....slowly but surely!

That's really great news! I would just like to add though, that I had very low ferritin levels before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease. Doctor did tests as my muscles were very weak and shaky. It can take quite a long time in some people, to start feeling better once all wheat and gluten are eliminated, so don't automatically assume that wheat is not the problem.

Great news! I never thought that my daughter's paleness might be related to lack of iron. Her levels were low and she's still working on getting them back up. She didn't have any dizziness or weakness though. She's a very active dancer and we were surprised with the iron deficiency (heck we were surprised she was Celiac!)

It's amazing how each individual sufferer has different symptoms. Nonwondernit takes some of us longer to get a diagnosis. :(

Great news! I never thought that my daughter's paleness might be related to lack of iron. Her levels were low and she's still working on getting them back up. She didn't have any dizziness or weakness though. She's a very active dancer and we were surprised with the iron deficiency (heck we were surprised she was Celiac!)