GFreeMO

Help With Figuring This Out Please!

Rate this topic

Ok so yesterday I went to a family members home for the 4th. I brought my own food and a big bowl of watermelon that I cut up to share. I ate off of my own plate that I brought from home and brought my own drink so that was all safe.

I forgot to bring a big spoon for the watermelon bowl so she gave me one of hers so I could be the first to get the watermelon. She told me that it was a brand new plastic spoon. I used it and ate the watermelon.

While we were all sitting around talking, I sat on the fireplace bricks. I didn't see this until it was too late but inside of the fireplace for the summer, she has a huge planter with dried wheat in it! It's like a big wheat bushel. (They live in Kansas) it was actually very pretty..it had a ribbon tied around. I was sitting there talking and I have hair down to my lower back, I turned to talk to someone and my hair hit the wheat. I got up and tied my hair up and washed my hands. When I got home, I took a shower.

I know this sounds totally far fetched but I am sitting here glutened. Migraine, D, pain cramps. The works.

I added 2 new things to my diet this week. One, ground pork from the grocery store and Mccormick rubbed sage.

I also started using Palmolive dish Pure and Clear dish soap. Nothing else new.

Any ideas???

Hmmm... I have never had an issue which touching wheat for small periods of time, even making sandwiches or other breaded products for others, just washing my hands after and I seemed to have no problem. Do you use gluten-free cosmetics/toiletries? That could be the only other thing I can think of. Instead of getting stomach aches I tend to get a rash, acne, or even boils. Do you have anything like that?

Otherwise I can't think of anything. Hope you figure this out!

I have been wondering about plastic cutlery, if they have gone over to the corn-based plastic too. And it looks like some companies have. Maybe you got corned from the plastic spoon?

The only other thing I can think of is, if the wind was blowing, maybe some "dust" from the wheat got into your mouth while you were talking?

I'm sorry you're sick. You were just getting over a bad bout and then this had to happen! (((HUGS))) Feel better soon.

I have been wondering about plastic cutlery, if they have gone over to the corn-based plastic too. And it looks like some companies have. Maybe you got corned from the plastic spoon?

The only other thing I can think of is, if the wind was blowing, maybe some "dust" from the wheat got into your mouth while you were talking?

I'm sorry you're sick. You were just getting over a bad bout and then this had to happen! (((HUGS))) Feel better soon.

Thanks Bartful!

You know, I was thinking about corn since my reactions to gluten and corn are virtually the same. I ate the watermelon out of a paper bowl. I bet the watermelon soaked the bowl and I was corned or like you said, the plastic.

There were kids with gluteny cake all over themselves so who knows! Sometimes we just don't know what got us.

Becca, thanks. I think I am ok on all of those things. I must have been corned or CC from gluten somehow. My husband and Dad ate bread and it was on the table..who knows!