Cheryl_C

Mrs. Leeper's Hamburger Helper-Style Dinner

Rate this topic

In a word, ick. In another word, salt.

We brought a box of this back with us from vacation, and I was excited! Now, having finished eating some (a few forkfuls) I feel completely dehydrated and a bit sick.

Lesson learned:just because it says "gluten-free" and I'm excited about, doesn't mean it's going to be a good experience.

Blech.

I will second that, I did not find those mixes enjoyable. Better off with a Lundberg Farms risotto mix in the box and a meat entree.

Hmm, good to know. I have the hamburger helper type mix in my cupboard. Saving it for a rainy day lol or maybe not!

i was so excited to see them thinking they would be good. GROSS! We didn't even eat it. I threw it out.

My daughter likes their tuna stuff. I don't personally like boxed stuff like that very much. What I used to do once in a while though was take a box of mac and cheese and add cooked ground beef to it.

And now I am doing more things with rice. Rice casserole tomorrow. Adding peas, ground beef, onions and a box of gluten-free beef gravy but mushroom gravy works well too. Because it is hot I will heat it through in the microwave.

Boo. DH just bought a ton of these on clearance at Wegmans. Never tried them and now I'm not looking forward to it b

I don't personally think they're bad, they just aren't that great. On a night if I didn't really feel like cooking and wanted something relatively easy I wouldn't be opposed to throwing one of these in a pot and having it. Don't feel too bad about having picked up a bunch on clearance until you've tried them. (As a disclaimer I have a very serious salt problem, I will sit and eat the salt out of the bottom of a bag of pretzels.) There are always food banks to donate to if you hate them.

In a totally other direction, there was this show I used to watch with my kids like 15 years ago with a lemur. It was two brothers and the lemur and he jumped around and they said leaping lemur all the time. Whenever I see this in the store I always think Mrs. Leeper's lemurs. Cracks me up.

I don't personally think they're bad, they just aren't that great. On a night if I didn't really feel like cooking and wanted something relatively easy I wouldn't be opposed to throwing one of these in a pot and having it. Don't feel too bad about having picked up a bunch on clearance until you've tried them. (As a disclaimer I have a very serious salt problem, I will sit and eat the salt out of the bottom of a bag of pretzels.) There are always food banks to donate to if you hate them.

In a totally other direction, there was this show I used to watch with my kids like 15 years ago with a lemur. It was two brothers and the lemur and he jumped around and they said leaping lemur all the time. Whenever I see this in the store I always think Mrs. Leeper's lemurs. Cracks me up.

Hahaha! That is too cute!!