GlutenFreeAustinite

I've Made A Huge Mistake

Rate this topic

So I'm on clindamycin and doxycycline. Yay for stubborn skin infections. I'm also taking a probiotic as I have problems with yeast and such, not to mention taking clindamycin puts you at an increased risk for developing nasty intestinal bacterial infections. I don't always, but I have sometimes, taken my probiotic at the same time as my antibiotics, and I was doing some reading this morning and figured out i'm not supposed to do that. Oops. I feel like such an idiot.

And, of course your doctor and your pharmacist both told you how to take the prescription correctly! :P:D (said sarcastically)

I always read the inserts with the prescriptions, at the least,because the people who are supposed to tell us how to take them, rarely do.

Oh yeah, of course. :P And I read the inserts on both, and there's NOTHING about probiotics. Funnily enough, when my mom went to get the clindamycin, the pharmacist gave her a funny look and asked if all my doctors knew all of the meds I was on, as I'm on diflucan as well.

I also was told to eat yogurt, as that's full of probiotics, but I'm not sure what to do as I know it can have iodine, and I don't know if the painful underarm rash that looks like whitehead pimples is actually folliculitis or DH, which would be affected by iodine.

The yogurt is probably for the probiotics. So maybe you can just do the probiotics?

The yogurt is probably for the probiotics. So maybe you can just do the probiotics?

Yeah, that's what I've been doing....we're out of yogurt anyway. I'm terrified the clindamycin is going to kill me...luckily, I see my dermatologist in a few days and I can hopefully get answers.