Rate this topic

I'm going to go get a 6 pack of New Planet gluten-free beer after work tonight. I'll report back here tonight on my opinion. I'll see if they will let me do a split 6 pack so I can get 2 of each flavor.

Has anybody else tried it? They are all gluten-free, and brewed in Ft Collins Colorado which is a haven for microbrews.

I drink the green one all the time. I'm not a fan of fruit flavors to drink with food.

We seem to really like Ft Collins at my house. My oldest goes to school there. My hub loves O'dells (not gluten-free) and I like the New Planet. Youngest is thinking of going to college at CSU,too. We may have to move there! :P

I drink the green one all the time. I'm not a fan of fruit flavors to drink with food.

We seem to really like Ft Collins at my house. My oldest goes to school there. My hub loves O'dells (not gluten-free) and I like the New Planet. Youngest is thinking of going to college at CSU,too. We may have to move there! :P

My 17 year old daughter is thinking of CSU - but might do Metro State for a year first.

Small worlds.

Ok....

New Planet Ale's

They make 3 labels right now - a light, clean beer - Tread Lightly, a very similar brew with a fruity flavor - 3R Raspberry, and something a little heavier which I didn't buy.

I liked the Raspberry, but the flavor was a little over-powering.

Tread Lightly is pretty darn good.

Non-News Flash.... Expensive. Champagne is probably gluten free, and less expensive...

I'll have to give ciders a try to see if there are any more affordable gluten free solutions.

Ok....

New Planet Ale's

They make 3 labels right now - a light, clean beer - Tread Lightly, a very similar brew with a fruity flavor - 3R Raspberry, and something a little heavier which I didn't buy.

I liked the Raspberry, but the flavor was a little over-powering.

Tread Lightly is pretty darn good.

Non-News Flash.... Expensive. Champagne is probably gluten free, and less expensive...

I'll have to give ciders a try to see if there are any more affordable gluten free solutions.

I had to google this New Planet beer, I'd never heard of it before! Let me know what you think! :)

Maybe I should get offline and go to bed, since I see you already said what you thought! Haha I read it, googled it, read the post again and still wrote that...must be bed time! :)

Maybe I should get offline and go to bed, since I see you already said what you thought! Haha I read it, googled it, read the post again and still wrote that...must be bed time! :)

Definitely give "Tread Lightly" a try, it's good.

mmm, good to know.

New Planet IPA (tread lightly?) is my favourite gluten-free beer so far... unfortunately, I can't get it here so am savouring the few bottles brought back to me from the US.

Would love to try the raspberry (especially since my beer-supplier is always taunting me with the gorgeous raspberry ale he keeps drinking...)

Oooh beer...

New Planet is an organic craft beer, so I'm willing to pay a bit extra. Thankfully my go-to local Ontario gluten-free brew (Nicklebrook) is pretty reasonable and comes in tallboys.

Cheers!