This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pain Relievers

GFreeMO

GFreeMO Proficient

Every single time I take this certain over the counter pain reliever, I feel very glutened, I don't take NSAIDS so this is the other. I have a corn allergy but this is more of a painful digestive gluten type reaction. What do other super sensitives take for pain relief. Is there anything natural and not full of chemicals? I am just having a hard time trusting companies because their answers are so vague. Does it contain gluten on not should be a yes or no answer.

Thanks,

-MO

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bartfull Rising Star

It's the corn. I have Tylenol made at a compounding pharmacy. No corn, no gluten, no soy. I can take it with no problems, and although it's expensive it's worth it.

GFreeMO Proficient

It's the corn. I have Tylenol made at a compounding pharmacy. No corn, no gluten, no soy. I can take it with no problems, and although it's expensive it's worth it.

You are probably right. Corn is starting to make me feel even worse than gluten if that is at all possible. Trapped gas and PAIN!

Do you need a RX for what you are talking about?

rosetapper23 Explorer

Have you ever tried taking Curamin? It's made of turmeric, and many people find relief from pain when taking it. You can check it out at www.curamin.com.

SleepyBunny Apprentice

You are probably right. Corn is starting to make me feel even worse than gluten if that is at all possible. Trapped gas and PAIN!

Do you need a RX for what you are talking about?

If I eat corn I'm ok but if I eat something made from corn (bread) or something like medication my tummy doesn't like it. The generic armour had corn so I just have it compounded so I don't have to worry :) Hopefully you'll find something :)

bartfull Rising Star

Here in South Dakota I have to have a prescription. I think it varies by state. I got my prescription at the free clinic. I didn't want to pay for an office visit on top of the cost of the meds.

GFreeMO Proficient

Thanks everyone!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

T.H. Community Regular

If you're in a spot and can't get the compounding pharmacy yet, there's a plant that I've been using. Datura. You can buy it and there are many native versions across the country. It has quite pretty and showy flowers that tend to bloom in the evenings. You can also crush the leaves/petals and use them as a contact anesthetic for some types of pain.

This book has a good section on how one variety can be made safely (and unsafely): http://www.(Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)/Herbal-Medicine-American-Southwest-Charles/dp/0977133303

I've seen this in various libraries, so I'm sure you could find it on an interlibrary loan.

This stuff grows along the highways and in my yard, so it was nice to find out I could use it for pain, too! :-) It's not a miracle cure, but it has been effective.

Archived