Skittles

Nightshades

Rate this topic

First I want to apoloize for all of my typos. Some of te keys on my keyboard arent workin so omefully you uys can understand me lol. So I just started to eliminate nitsades from my diet. owever, do you tink it is okay to eat bread tat as some potato starc in it?

It is really best to eliminate all traces of a suspect food at first to let your body recover. Later on you can see if things like potato starch in bread cause a problem - it will be a lot clearer then. I have discovered (but only two years later) that I can now tolerate some potato starch in bread, but kick it all out to start with is my advice.

I agree with the Shroomster. No bread or potato starch in anything. Kick it to the curb for a couple months and then eat potatoes every day for a week and see what happens. Remember peppers and tomatoes and eggplants are nightshade family plants also. They all have alkaloids that are not so good for a body. They use alkaloids as drugs in fact. Powerful stuff. Tobacco is a nightshade too. That's why they say not to eat the eyes of potatoes, bad for you they are. Yes

I tried re-introducing nightshades by eating gluten-free bread with potato starch a while back,. It didn't work out for me. That's the only nightshade I was eating. Plenty of it in bread to cause problems. You could try some corn tortillas or rice tortilas as a bread substitute.