Rate this topic

Anti-TTG IgA 63. Anti-Gliadin IgA > 100. Endoscopy showed inflammation and scalloping. What are the odds of the biopsy confirming celiac?

Thanks.

Not sure what the normal range on those blood tests are. They are different based on the lab.

But obvious inflammation and scalloping....Welcome to the club! We will send your secret decoder ring shortly!

Hopefully your doctor told you to go ahead and get on the diet. If not you should do so. Even if by some chance the biopsy is negative you are still one of us with the results from the bloodwork and the visible scalloping.

Read as much as you can here and ask any questions you need to.

Thanks for the quick replies.The ranges on the lab they used was above 8 as positive for anti-ttg and at or above 20 as antibodies detected for anti-gliadin.

I'll definitely post an update with biopsy results. Yeah, looking forward to receiving that decoder ring in the mail. :)

Just looking forward to feeling better.

Thanks for the quick replies.The ranges on the lab they used was above 8 as positive for anti-ttg and at or above 20 as antibodies detected for anti-gliadin.

I'll definitely post an update with biopsy results. Yeah, looking forward to receiving that decoder ring in the mail. :)

Just looking forward to feeling better.

Welcome to the family and a new adventure in eating! It's great to have answers when you've been feeling badly and I wish you good healing.

Yeah, looking forward to receiving that decoder ring in the mail. :)

Yeah, but Karen left out the Rules for the Induction Ceremony, didn't she. :blink:

Nevertheless, Welcome! :D

As an update, the biopsy was positive and confirmed Celiac. Will ask for Marsh classification at my follow-up.