Minette

Just Cc'd 4 Bottles Of Gummi Vitamins, Argh!

Rate this topic

This morning at breakfast my husband saw that I was giving the kids their vitamins by dumping a bunch of vitamins into my hand, having each kid pick one, then dumping the rest back in the bottle. We've always done it this way, but he pointed out that I had just been eating English muffins. :blink: So now we need new bottles of all 4 kinds. Duh!

Just curious if others had done anything like this, especially at the beginning while you're just getting the hang of it!

It's things like this that make me think it would be much easier to make the whole house gluten-free -- except that the rest of us really love our sandwich bread and English muffins. That's pretty much all the gluten we still have.

Before the whole house was gluten-free, yes, that is exactly what happened, all the time. Hubs is the only non-celiac, and I tried just keeping a few gluteny goodies and bread for him, but inevitably, cross contamination would happen. The kids were always sick and puking and so it just became the only reasonable thing to do.

Now, have you and your husband both been screened for celiac? Your kids got it from somebody. Even if you are negative and don't think you have symptoms now, you may be surprised what going gluten-free would do for you!

DH and I and our other daughter have all been screened and were all negative. So we have 3 non-celiacs (at least so far) and one celiac in the house.

I'm open to having a gluten-free house if it comes to that, but it would be a hard sell for DH and my other daughter. So far, my celiac DD doesn't have strong reactions (probably because she's only been gluten-free for 3 weeks), so it's hard to tell if she's getting glutened or not.