KMMO320

Validation

Rate this topic

Well, I kept my appointment with the Celiac Center in Boston. They are doubtful that I have celiac, which is good, but the dr suspects I have an intolerance/sensitivity to gluten and possibly a wheat allergy and suggested to start the gluten-free asap. This was after my original GI said there was absolutley no reason to go gluten-free and she did NOT reccomend it.

So, I drove an hour and a half, paid for parking and a copy, and got stuck in traffic coming home for 3 hours but its all worth it to get the validation of what I already knew. lol.

Now I feel at peace and can go on being gluten-free knowing I am not "crazy" (my own words, not anyone elses)

They did a bunch more blood tests and checked all my vitamin levels, which the original GI did not. SO all in all, I am pleased :)

Boo! Original GI :angry:

Yay! New Doc! ;)

• Upvote 1

Ditto Tom! :) I found it easier to embrace the gluten-free diet once I knew one way or the other too. I hope your switch to gluten-free goes smoothly.

Thanks! I think thats what I was looking for. It was very expensive day just to hear what I already knew though. Lol

Thanks! I think thats what I was looking for. It was very expensive day just to hear what I already knew though. Lol

And knowing Boston traffic very well, and the pleasures of parking, I congratulate your diagnosis! That was hard earned! :D

Haha I was stupid, wasnt thinking..I live an hour south of Boston...I should.have parked at the T station in Braintree and.gone by train, and after the appointment I could have mwt up with my sister who works at the Museum of Science and driven home with her when she got out, and at.least enjoyed a little free museum time until then. Silly me.

Good for you! May have been a hassle but it's nice to get validation. I was so pleased when I found a Dr who actually listened to me, even though like you he told me what I already knew.

It was nice.to have a dr who believed.in intolerance!