MitziG

Sleep Apnea Is Gone! Crazy!

Rate this topic

Not sure where this topic should go, but wanted to share. Our whole house has been gluten-free for 18 mos due to kids and I being celiac. Hubs came along by default. ;) he is a slim guy, no weight problems, active. But he has had moderate to severe sleep apnea for a good 10 years. He finally got a CPAP last year. Being gluten-free didn't make a difference, being casein free for several months helped his sinus issues, but not the apnea. But, he went Primal about a month ago and I suddenly realized yesterday he doesn't snore or stop breathing anymore. He hasn't worn his CPAP in weeks (cuz he hates it of course) and usuaally I spend the night rolling him over and kicking him to start breathing. Not restful for either of us! But...for weeks now..blessed silence. Last night I listened a long time...quiet easy breathing.

Just astounds me the power inflammatory foods have on the body! Maybe he was sensitive to just one grain, maybe all. Maybe it was all grains and dairy. Don't know. But clearly, something he was eating was causing major inflammation in his sinuses.

Why on earth can doctors not start seeing the role diet plays in a persons health?

Incidentally, got the final $400 bill for the CPAP this week. I am tempted to give it back and keep the $400!

Wow! Congrats to your hubby... and to you for being able to sleep again!!

Hooray for healing ....and a good night's sleep. :)