This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Reeses Crispy Crunch

Chad Sines

Chad Sines Rising Star

Is the delicious, life fulfilling Reeses Crispy Crunch safe? I did not notice any issues on the label; however, the Nestle site does not list it as gluten-free. I found one post on here where someone mentioned it, but nothing else. I did contact the company and am waiting for a response, but curious if someone already knows.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Is the delicious, life fulfilling Reeses Crispy Crunch safe? I did not notice any issues on the label; however, the Nestle site does not list it as gluten-free. I found one post on here where someone mentioned it, but nothing else. I did contact the company and am waiting for a response, but curious if someone already knows.

I don't know whether it's safe or not, but just the words "crispy crunch" would warm me off. B)

Jestgar Rising Star

On the surface it seems fine:

PEANUTS; SUGAR; VEGETABLE OIL (COCOA BUTTER; PALM KERNEL; PALM; SHEA; SAFFLOWER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL); CHOCOLATE; CORN SYRUP; MILK; CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: LACTOSE (MILK); COCOA; WHEY (MILK); MILK FAT ; NONFAT MILK; SALT; MOLASSES; SOY LECITHIN; PGPR, EMULSIFIER; TBHQ (PRESERVATIVE); ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR

MANUFACTURED ON THE SAME EQUIPMENT THAT PROCESSES COCONUT.

Chad Sines Rising Star

supposedly the crispy crunch is from a peanut candy vs bread/cracker. Seems to be safe. Hope they confirm it.

Chad Sines Rising Star

The joys of a non-answer. Assuming the label is accurate, they should be okay..

Hi Chad,

Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company.

For your convenience, we have provided a list of current products that have been fully evaluated and qualify as gluten free using standards proposed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This list of gluten-free confections is available on our Web site: Open Original Shared Link

Please note, this list is not all inclusive as we have other gluten-free confections. The best way to determine if our products contain a gluten ingredient is to read our product label. This label includes an accurate, current listing of the ingredients in our products. Because, on occasion, the list of ingredients can change, we strongly encourage you to check the ingredient label on the package each time before you make a purchase.

If you should have questions concerning additional products, please call us at 800-468-1714. A representative will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have.

We appreciate your loyalty as a consumer.

Jean

Consumer Representative

008510628A

This email address is restricted for outgoing messages only. For that reason, please do not respond to this email as the inbox is not monitored.

psawyer Proficient

Um, actually, that is what I consider the best possible answer. They told you that if the product contained gluten, the label would disclose the fact. No worries about info from their call center or web site reflecting a newer or older version.

The best way to determine if our products contain a gluten ingredient is to read our product label. This label includes an accurate, current listing of the ingredients in our products.
Chad Sines Rising Star

As long as they label clearly. It is interesting to me though that they have a list of gluten-free items but it really only has a few items listed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

As long as they label clearly. It is interesting to me though that they have a list of gluten-free items but it really only has a few items listed.

The products listed are most likely tested to be at or under the 20ppm of gluten (as the proposed US standard). The other products that do not contain gluten are not tested, and not listed as gluten free. You will see this frequently with many companies.

I read labeled and if there is no gluten listed, I have no problem consuming that product.

For those more sensitive or concerns, I would recommend that they buy Certified Gluten Free Products.

• 2 weeks later...
justlisa Apprentice

The question that I keep coming up with has to do with the "significance" of the usage of the word(s) "ingredient(s)"... I keep seeing similar disclaimers/statements from companies regarding their products not having gluten in the "ingredients"...

My question is about processing...the facility/equipment....is it used for gluten products? I read about CC, in here, so often that I'm kind of surprised it hasn't come up in this thread...

Lisa Mentor

My question is about processing...the facility/equipment....is it used for gluten products? I read about CC, in here, so often that I'm kind of surprised it hasn't come up in this thread...

Contact the company and get first hand information. :)

justlisa Apprentice

Lisa... I am not interested for myself (no interest in this candy)... I was just curious that the CC discussion had not come up...that's all...

Archived