marklevt

Sports Tournament Eating

Rate this topic

My daughter is in a Lacrosse Tournament all weekend. They have a BBQ for the players and I could have participated but not knowing what they put in their BBQ and fear of the unknown leaves me with not knowing what to pack to eat for the full day. I can handle snacks and will have a cooler. I am very new to this, only diagnosed 6 weeks ago. I have handled eating at home safely but this is my first "big" adventure outside and I'm very apprehensive. Any suggestions as to lunch/dinner I can safely leave in a cooler in the middle of a field all day?

My last LAX tournament fort my son was out of town. i took a cooler and tried to keep it in the shade.

I have taken different salads. I like chicken taco salad. I grill chicken,cut it up into bite sized bits (don't want to be cutting iup[ your salad at LAX) then I freeze the chicken. I take some salad greens in a plastic container with the cheese, carrots, etc. I buy the little 100 calorie packets of guacomole and the little cups of salsa. I put some chips in a bag to put on the salad.

You can have sandwiches, hummus and veggies & pretzels, cheese and crackers, etc. I find Go Picnic lunches at Target or Hyvee. They need no refridgeration. Some are not gluten-free so look at the top corner of the box.

http://www.gopicnic.com/

Anything you can freeze before it goes in the cooler. will help the other food stay colder.

If you don't want to keep salad dressing separate,put it on the bottom then put the rest on top. shake it up when ready to eat.

I agree with Kareng...

Be prepared to only eat what you prepare and take with you.

And be wary of chip trucks.

Have fun at the tournament

I agree with Kareng...

Be prepared to only eat what you prepare and take with you.

And be wary of chip trucks.

Have fun at the tournament

Thank you for the suggestions. I ended up taking everything I needed with me and it worked out very well. I had plenty to eat and drink. I packed the cooler and put all "my food" in a separate bag so everyone knew not to touch it! Ran into a small snag on the way home as "the team" stopped at a Deli to grab something to eat. Because it was late, they only had their pre-made options available. All the salads were gone and the sandwiches were all pre-made so I couldn't order just meat. It was fine though, as I still had veggies with me so while we ate at the picnic tables, I pulled out my veggies and meat and had my own meal. I can do this!