phil1

Accidental Glutening.. Now How Far Set Back Am I?

Rate this topic

I had been gluten free for 2 months and really started to feel pretty good, but then tonight I accidentally ate a pizza that I thought was Gluten free but was not. Now I'm worried that all my progress/healing over the last 2 months will be for nothing. Will this incodent set me back 2 months, or will it just be a minor roadblock on the road to recovery? I'm hoping that I just get a little sick for a few days, then go back to feeling how I felt just before I ate the pizza. Or will I go back to feeling how I felt 2 months ago right before I started gluten free?

I had been gluten free for 2 months and really started to feel pretty good, but then tonight I accidentally ate a pizza that I thought was Gluten free but was not. Now I'm worried that all my progress/healing over the last 2 months will be for nothing. Will this incodent set me back 2 months, or will it just be a minor roadblock on the road to recovery? I'm hoping that I just get a little sick for a few days, then go back to feeling how I felt just before I ate the pizza. Or will I go back to feeling how I felt 2 months ago right before I started gluten free?

Everyone is different when it comes to symptoms. In the begining a glutening could and would set me back a couple of months, now it is only a few days to get back to feeling good again. I have been gluten-free 2 years. Some people are more snesitive than others and react more strongly. Try not to kick yourself for your mistake and keep going forward!