dcns65

Foundation Causing Break Outs?

Rate this topic

My daughter is a silent Celiac. She's been gluten-free for about 7 months now. She had acne issues until about June. Then she went without make up for 5 weeks. As soon as she put on make up for a ballet performance she broke out. Could her make up contain gluten that is making her break out? Does anyone have a good gluten free oil free foundation she can try?

I got some great gluten-free makeup. It's Afterglow cosmetics. I used to itch & get puffy from make up for about the last 10 years but then I found out I was a celiac & got gluten-free make up & no more itch, no more puffies.

Cover Girl Clean Makeup for Sensitive Skin is an awesome oil free foundation that beats many expensive foundations.

I believe it is gluten free, someone checked on the forums checked up on this about a year ago and verified it was (and the ingredients list looks clean). I've never had a breakout with it, and I have pretty oily/acne prone skin if I'm not careful. I also live in a really humid climate and the wear on this makeup is amazing, considering.

I've used L'Oreal Visible Lift for many years, and I suffer from Dermatitis Herpetiformis. It has never caused breakouts (at least, for me!).