MoMof2Boyz

Does This Sound Like Lactose Intolerance?

Rate this topic

last monday my tummy felt bad, lots of rumbling, gas and a tight feeling..had to go the bathroom more than usual but it wasn't diarrhea. Felt the same all week but haven't had to run to the bathroom...this happens sometime after drinking milk...Inoticed that when I eat ice cream, I have a huge amount of pressure that builds up until I can burp.

I did the milk challenge and burped right away after drinking, and started getting gassy, however, it wasn't severe and I didn't have severe pain, cramping or diarreah...could this be lactose intolance even though my symptoms aren't severe?

It's possible as everyone's symptoms are different. I get stomach pains (cramp) and feel very nauseous after accidentally eating milk. My dietitian thought it would improve after eating gluten free diet for a while, but as yet this hasn't happened - although when I tried a spoonful of yogurt recently, as she suggested (as there's less enzymes in yogurt & cheese) I experienced major bloating instead of stomach cramps, which seems better; so I'm waiting a while longer before I re-try dairy.

Do you keep a food diary?

last monday my tummy felt bad, lots of rumbling, gas and a tight feeling..had to go the bathroom more than usual but it wasn't diarrhea. Felt the same all week but haven't had to run to the bathroom...this happens sometime after drinking milk...Inoticed that when I eat ice cream, I have a huge amount of pressure that builds up until I can burp.

I did the milk challenge and burped right away after drinking, and started getting gassy, however, it wasn't severe and I didn't have severe pain, cramping or diarreah...could this be lactose intolance even though my symptoms aren't severe?

Sounds like it could be lactose intolerance. You can get lactaid pills to see if they help. Make sure the don't have gluten in them though.