birdie22

Glutened And It Was Even A Good Meal.

Rate this topic

Pretty sure I got glutened eating out tonight. Went to a local BBQ place. Asked the waitress about gluten free items. She said everything but bread, cornbread, and fried items (shared frier) should be fine. She answered right away, w/out hesitation, so I got the impression she knew what she was taking about. I got the pulled pork (w/out bread..it's usually open faced), black beans w/ rice, and corn. Well, by the time my family had finished our meals I was bloated and uncomfortable. Maybe it wasn't gluten free or more likely it was cc in the kitchen.

I told DH once in the car that I think I got glutened. I haven't felt the immediate bloating after a meal in quite while, so really, I know I was. I said to DH, that the saddest part of it all was that it wasn't even a great meal. Actually not even average. It was pretty blah. If I knew I was going to feel like junk after eating dinner I would have skipped the BBQ and gone right for a Dunkin Donut or cheesecake or cookie dough ice cream LOL!

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Thankfully I don't get vomiting or immediate diarrhea, so I can chalk this up to unfortunate but not horrible. And I'll cross that restaurant off my list of places to go.

I'm sorry! That's always the way it is! If we are gonna be sick, it would be so much better to have had something wonderful and delicious that we have missed, not kjust a mediocre meal! Hope you bounce back quickly!