EmmaW

Searching For Safe Dried Fruit And Nuts

Rate this topic

I am recently diagnosed with Celiac disease. I've been clearing out my pantry and have had trouble finding a few safe items. I love dried fruit and nuts but they always seem to be cross contaminated. I used to buy them in the bulk bins for from natural food stores. I haven't found any safe ones yet. Whole foods prepackages list wheat containing facilities. Can they be found in stores or must they be ordered online? Looking for raisins, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, nuts and seeds. Any help?

Craisins (Oceanspray) are gluten free. But beware of their trail mix: (from their website) "Based on documentation from our ingredient suppliers, our other beverages, Craisins

I am recently diagnosed with Celiac disease. I've been clearing out my pantry and have had trouble finding a few safe items. I love dried fruit and nuts but they always seem to be cross contaminated. I used to buy them in the bulk bins for from natural food stores. I haven't found any safe ones yet. Whole foods prepackages list wheat containing facilities. Can they be found in stores or must they be ordered online? Looking for raisins, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, nuts and seeds. Any help?

Mariani Nut Company is safe--I have spoken to them on the phone. Here in Jersey, they are available at a few of the regular grocery stores in the produce section.

http://www.marianinut.com/about-us

I have eaten dried mangos and nuts from nuts dot com. They have a great gluten free variety.

Yup. Nuts.com is where I get mine. Also nut butters. They have lots of gluten-free stuff; candies, baking goods, jelly beans & so on.