Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tctwhite

Got Biopsy Results Today

I was all happy that my Dr skipped the bloodwork and went straight to the endo. He did biopsies and was checking the whole area. Well guess who forgot to specifically look for Celiac? Not only that, he only did 2 biopsies. I was SO mad I could have spit nails. Not to mention when I sent my husband the text, I thought he would come through the phone and strangle the Dr. It really doesn't matter though. Ive put everything Ive got into shopping for the gluten-free life, and Im going to stick with it and see what happens.

The endo report said that I had chronic severe gastritis, no ulcers, and no obstructions. Thats it. What a waste of time......

At least I now know I need another Dr.

Diagnosed with: Fibromyalgia, IBS, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Gastritis, Asthma, Depression, Anxiety, severe allergies, and Im sure Im leaving out something else.

Biopsy 7/2012 was a bust as the Dr didn't test for Celiac.

Gluten Free 8/7/2012

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What a disappointing doctor! Sorry for your bad experience.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

I was all happy that my Dr skipped the bloodwork and went straight to the endo. He did biopsies and was checking the whole area. Well guess who forgot to specifically look for Celiac? Not only that, he only did 2 biopsies. I was SO mad I could have spit nails. Not to mention when I sent my husband the text, I thought he would come through the phone and strangle the Dr. It really doesn't matter though. Ive put everything Ive got into shopping for the gluten-free life, and Im going to stick with it and see what happens.

The endo report said that I had chronic severe gastritis, no ulcers, and no obstructions. Thats it. What a waste of time......

At least I now know I need another Dr.

That is an incredible waste of time and money. I would have been very, very angry! angry-smiley-054.gif

Seeing the gastritis IS a bit of a clue however, you DO have inflammation in there that is chronic. Keep us posted on how you are doing as you get more time behind you on the diet.

1999 - Hypothyroid

2003 - Hashimoto's Disease

2008 - Diverticulitis

2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency

2011 - Diverticulitis again

2011 - HLA-DQ2.2

2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

Goodness gracious -- it is beyond frustrating that we have to pay so much for so little -- no other profession gets paid so handsomely to practice :angry:

If my husband built a house and said "Your house is all finished -- oh, I forgot to install a roof" do you think he'd get paid?

Don't blame you for being angry - I'm angry for you!

beachbirdie is correct about the gastritis/inflammation being a clue -- hope you improve gluten-free and are able to confirm by diet.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Fuming right along with you! mad.gif

This is a perfect example of why there are so many undx'd celiacs running around out there. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018