tctwhite

Got Biopsy Results Today

Rate this topic

I was all happy that my Dr skipped the bloodwork and went straight to the endo. He did biopsies and was checking the whole area. Well guess who forgot to specifically look for Celiac? Not only that, he only did 2 biopsies. I was SO mad I could have spit nails. Not to mention when I sent my husband the text, I thought he would come through the phone and strangle the Dr. It really doesn't matter though. Ive put everything Ive got into shopping for the gluten-free life, and Im going to stick with it and see what happens.

The endo report said that I had chronic severe gastritis, no ulcers, and no obstructions. Thats it. What a waste of time......

At least I now know I need another Dr.

What a disappointing doctor! Sorry for your bad experience.

I was all happy that my Dr skipped the bloodwork and went straight to the endo. He did biopsies and was checking the whole area. Well guess who forgot to specifically look for Celiac? Not only that, he only did 2 biopsies. I was SO mad I could have spit nails. Not to mention when I sent my husband the text, I thought he would come through the phone and strangle the Dr. It really doesn't matter though. Ive put everything Ive got into shopping for the gluten-free life, and Im going to stick with it and see what happens.

The endo report said that I had chronic severe gastritis, no ulcers, and no obstructions. Thats it. What a waste of time......

At least I now know I need another Dr.

That is an incredible waste of time and money. I would have been very, very angry! angry-smiley-054.gif

Seeing the gastritis IS a bit of a clue however, you DO have inflammation in there that is chronic. Keep us posted on how you are doing as you get more time behind you on the diet.

Goodness gracious -- it is beyond frustrating that we have to pay so much for so little -- no other profession gets paid so handsomely to practice :angry:

If my husband built a house and said "Your house is all finished -- oh, I forgot to install a roof" do you think he'd get paid?

Don't blame you for being angry - I'm angry for you!

beachbirdie is correct about the gastritis/inflammation being a clue -- hope you improve gluten-free and are able to confirm by diet.

Fuming right along with you! mad.gif

This is a perfect example of why there are so many undx'd celiacs running around out there. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr