katrnc

Edible Arrangements Disappointment

Rate this topic

I figured that the fruit/chocolate combination would be alright to have. After having the pineapple dipped in chocolate I had my usual symptoms :(

Has anyone else experienced Edible Arrangements as a problem? I know on their website they said that the chocolate can be made in factories that have wheat products. I just thought it would be gluten-free. This is my first mistake so far, and I don't like it :(

It sounds like it would be. Fruit and choclate should be.

If I am looking at your info right, you have only been gluten-free for less than 2 weeks. You haven't had a chance to heal and get things under control in your bowels. You are still at the stage where eating anything can be a problem. You haven't had time to figure out if there are things with gluten you haven't realized.

Have you tried pineapple separately from the edible arrangement piece dipped in chocolate? I've lost pineapple and citrus while healing - never had a problem with pineapple before I went gluten-free. You may discover a few things start bothering you while healing. You really didn't make a mistake, your digestive track is very sensitive right now and it may cause some confusion during healing.

You will likely have other possible accidents, mistakes, etc. I don't think it is possible to avoid all possible cross contamination - you can only do you best to avoid it.

Sorry a yummy treat made you feel yucky :(

Hope you feel better quick!

While I believe there may be merit to the "you're still healing" argument, I have gotten extremely sick several times from seemingly insignificant cross contamination issues. Including products that are labeled as "gluten free" but are processed in a facility that processes wheat. For me, it's not worth taking those risks. I'm starting to mostly get away from all processed foods because I am so sick of being glutened. At least for a while to give my body an opportunity to really heal. (I am, however, highly sensitive.)