tctwhite

More Specific On Personal Care Products

Rate this topic

Ok here is what I use: In the shower I currently use head and shoulders (I normally use Treseme' but it made me itch so I grabbed the bottle of H&S we had on hand), dial bodywash. For tooth paste I use Colgate gel with breathstrips. Lotion I use Oil of Olay quench. Sometimes I use bath and body works lotion, but rarely. I know my chapstick is safe as Ive seen that Burts Bees stuff is good. Ive been addicted to their chapstick for years now. Wayyyy before you could get it in the regular stores. I had to go buy it at Cracker Barrel back then.

Anyway, I have very fine hair that gets oily very easily so I have to be careful with my product choices. Garnier shampoo is too heavy, even the stuff for fine hair. Ive used Pantene in the past, so I can go back to that if I need to. Im on tight budget after shopping for the gluten-free lifestyle. Getting started was expensive but upkeep shouldn't be. Using stuff I can buy at Walmart will be best for me. I need to know if these things are safe and if not, what at Walmart would be safe.

I use Suave shampoo and conditioner, which is readily available at Wal-Mart and just about everywhere else. And it's really inexpensive. Have you tried it?

Edit: I should also add that I have very fine hair.

Edited by sa1937

I have not tried it, but I will now. My kids normally use that. Thank you for the suggestion!

Another possibility is baby shampoo although I haven't tried it.

I had planned to try Garnier shampoo/conditioner but if it's heavy, it might not be good for my hair either. That said, I really do like Garnier moisturizer and eye cream.

Another possibility is baby shampoo although I haven't tried it.

I had planned to try Garnier shampoo/conditioner but if it's heavy, it might not be good for my hair either. That said, I really do like Garnier moisturizer and eye cream.

I use Garnier and don't find it too heavy. They make a number of different formulas and at present I am using one for fine hair that adds body. If your happy with what you are now using and it works well for you and you just want a change once in a while try and find travel or trial size bottles to see if you like it.

L'Oreal Everstrong Volume shampoo and conditioner are gluten-free. I think other items in the "ever" lines are as well. L'Oreal will email you a list of their gluten containing ingredients so you can check against product ingredient lists.

+1 to Suave for shampoo and conditioner. For bath soap I've been using Ivory, can't beat it! For facial moisturizer I use Oil of Olay (or a knock-off I found at Winco), seems to be fine for me. I think I tried Baby shampoo several years ago, and it made my scalp really dry, but that was before I started eating gluten-free. For regular skin moisturizer, I found one by Suave that's been working o.k.