Sage122

Substitute For Flour Or Butter

Rate this topic

I'm making cheeseless Mexican pizza tomorrow. But I don't have any gluten-free flours onhand.

I have the crust and stuff. I just need something to keep the pizza from sticking to the counter and sticking to the pan.

Butter or flour doesn't work...I'm severely allergic to milk and wheat

Olive oil on the pan.

Or any oil you can have.

Wax paper or parchment paper on the counter.

If you don't have any wax paper or parchment paper then use tin foil on the counter.

Do you have cornmeal? Cornstarch?

Are you rolling it out? Spray oil or a little oil then sprea it around would work if its already rolled out.

If its a blob of dough, it will be very sticky. I put a piece of plastic wrap on the counter & put the dough on it. then put a piece of plastic wrap on top and smoosh with your hands or roll out. Take the top piece off. Put the lightly greased pizza pan face down on top of the rolled out dough. Use the plastic wrap on the bottom to flip the whole thing over. Take off the plastic and the crust is on your pan. To make this really easy, put a second pizza pan or cookie sheet on the bottom, then the plastic wrap, then the dough, then the wrap. The pan on the bottom helps you flip it.

You want to use new pans that have not had other wheat things cooked on them. Or a piece of foil or parchment paper on the pan.

• Upvote 1

Are you rolling it out? Spray oil or a little oil then sprea it around would work if its already rolled out.

If its a blob of dough, it will be very sticky. I put a piece of plastic wrap on the counter & put the dough on it. then put a piece of plastic wrap on top and smoosh with your hands or roll out. Take the top piece off. Put the lightly greased pizza pan face down on top of the rolled out dough. Use the plastic wrap on the bottom to flip the whole thing over. Take off the plastic and the crust is on your pan. To make this really easy, put a second pizza pan or cookie sheet on the bottom, then the plastic wrap, then the dough, then the wrap. The pan on the bottom helps you flip it.

You want to use new pans that have not had other wheat things cooked on them. Or a piece of foil or parchment paper on the pan.

This was amazing!!!!! Thanks so so much!!!

Yeah, I agree with you Sage! That IS pretty amazing! :)

Someone on here told me about this technique. Sylvia, maybe?

Seriously, any sticky dough works well with the plastic wrap treatment! Chebe pizza crust or foccacia mix works well this way. You can make them without the added cheese and they make yummy pizza crust.