bartfull

Message To All Of You Parents

Rate this topic

I never had kids of my own, but I did have a great Mom and Dad. When I was born I was very sick. I almost died at birth and it was touch and go for the first three years. My wonderful parents did everything they could to keep me alive and grow healthy. My Dad mentioned one time that when I was an infant he would always sleep with his hands behind his head, holding onto the headboard. That way his arms would fall asleep and that would wake him up every few minutes so he could go "check on the baby". Every time I think of that I could cry. How did I get so lucky to have such WONDERFUL parents??!!

Reading your stories here reminds me of them. Every time I read something in the news about parents who abuse/neglect their own kids, I come here and read about parents who would do anything for their kids, and never give up trying to help them. It helps me to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

So I just wanted to say thank you for giving me back my faith in humanity. My wish for you all is that YOUR kids will look back at all you have done and get teared up when they realize how much you love them, just the way I do when I think of my parents.

God has blessed your children by letting them be born to you. And may he bless you all richly! You deserve nothing but the best! :)

• Upvote 2

Thank you. Thank you do much. There are days where it is so thankless and your words are very helpful after a rough few days.

You're parents sound amazing and it's obvious they raised you well :)

Wow...Bartfull...thanks for that! Your story about your dad sleeping on his arms made me tear up. You are, indeed, blessed to have been given such parents. Seeing how you've turned out, they did a great job. And I feel pretty confident in saying that they felt blessed to have YOU.

Thank you for sharing this... :)