AVR1962

Bug Crawling Or Hair On Skin Sensation

Rate this topic

Before I went gluten-free I was having issues with a feeling of hairs on skin that were not there or bugs crawling on my skin that were also were not there. That all passed being on the diet and staying away from wheat. Now my husband is having the same issue. Anyone know the reason for this?

Husband says he wants to talk to his doc before going on a gluten-free diet. I hope he gets answers, docs could not help me.

Anyone else here have these issues before going off gluten? I did, and not had any issues since. I definately want to hear a doc's opinion on this and see what their approach will be but it has been my experience that if this is a reaction to gluten they are not going to be aware. I am not sure doc's even consider problems asociated with gluten.

It can also be an allergic reaction. I seem to get this several hours after eating something or taking a medication that I am having some sort of mild reaction to. I've had it after eating something that was gluten free, but had certain food coloring in it, or possible antibiotic residue because the item was not organic.

But the neuro symptoms are more like the most annoying, constant buzz as if you are hitting the electric fence and are partially insulated.