bossley

Whole Food Peanut Butter Cookies

Rate this topic

For those on the whole food diet !!!

One cup organic natural peanut butter

One cup sugar

One egg

Place spoon fulls on cookie sheet,bake 350.

Wait till you taste these

• Upvote 1

I'm off nuts but I'll bet those are killer awesome with coconut butter. I know what I'm doing with my Sunday afternoon!

You are right....we've had those before and so easy - great treat for those that are in the process of giving up multiple foods - I know they can be made with almond butter - I can't have either right now but thinking I need to find some coconut butter.

Thanks for posting Bossley and for the substitution idea Adalaide :)

I'm off nuts but I'll bet those are killer awesome with coconut butter. I know what I'm doing with my Sunday afternoon!

I never heard of coconut butter. Do you buy it at the health store? Now I have plans for my week end.

It's the same as peanut butter, or all the stuff made out of sesame seeds and all that (no seeds for me either) only made out of coconuts. I actually had a heck of a time finding a store here that had it, but yes it was one of the health food stores. You can also get it online. It is pricey, but oooooooh so good. It makes awessome coconut butter and jelly sandwiches on cold pancakes too.

Oh my. I am going to try these using cashew butter. I must be feeling brave lately - I'm going to take a chance in the kitchen. You know, that room I never go into except to pass through it on my way out the back door.

Do they make sunflower seed butter? Those are the only nuts/seeds I can eat in abundance.

Edited to add that I just googled it, and yes, they DO make sunflower seed butter. I'm going to ask my healthfood store if they can get me some.

Do they make sunflower seed butter? Those are the only nuts/seeds I can eat in abundance.

Yep, there is "Sunbutter" and other brands. Many stores already carry it -- check for it near the peanut/other butters.

Unfortunately I've developed severe anaphyalactic (sp?) to sunflower seeds - think I'll be scared to trial them even if I do get some other foods back.

I might try coconut butter - does it have a really strong coconut flavor? Coconut was one of my least favorite foods - okay I hated it as a kid and as an adult as well. I find it quite comical that it is the only flour I can use right now.

I don't think I'd recommend coconut butter for someone who isn't into coconuts. Imagine all the wondrous awesomeness of coconuts condensed and magnified. Okay, well that may be hard for you since you don't like them. But it tastes like coconuts... only coconuttier! :lol: At least I know that my husband will never go near it. If it were the last food on earth and he were dying he wouldn't eat it. I can live with that.

Thanks Adalaide!

I was never a fussy eater, but oh boy I could always pick out the hint of coconut in anything...when a wanted to make treats for my honey that I was certain not to touch - he got seven layer bars...hmmm haven't made those for him in awhile - I think I will, he'll be pleasantly surprised.

I think I'll skip the coconut butter and continue to hope I get almonds or peanuts back someday :)