koolkat222

Kirkland Jelly Bellies

Rate this topic

Jelly Bellies are a yummy treat for me, and I know that they are 100% gluten free. Costco sells a 4 lb. tub of them. I haven't had them in awhile, so naturally I read the label to make sure they were still safe for me. The ingredients are still gluten free, but under allergy information it says, "This product is packaged on equipment that also packages products that contain peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soybeans, eggs, and milk." Noooo! :o

I can't remember if that was always on the package or not. Can I still eat them? Has anybody else had a similar situation?

I personally wouldn't eat them because of how they were packaged. I imagine that it's only those particular ones as other Jelly Belly's don't have that warning. Sad, I've never looked at the package there but it's depressing to know.

Maybe the ones we get are from a different place, but ours has on the pack that they are gluten free.

If you get name brand Jellie Bellies those are safe. I have at times gotten the less expensive jelly beans from store brands and sometimes they are okay but other times I have gotten quite ill from them.

They ARE the brand name Jelly Belly. I thinking that Kirkland gets them in huge bulk, then repackages them. I'm leaning toward Adalaide's suggestion, which is just to avoid them. I'll continue to enjoy Jelly Bellies that aren't packaged by Costco.

Thanks goodness! Jelly Bellies are my favourite candy and I have put off looking at the label (and buying them) because I was afraid I'd see wheat listed.

... It's probably better if I don't buy the Costco sized portion anyways! :lol: