bartfull

Those Who Got Foods Back

Rate this topic

Has anyone who has gotten foods back after healing become intolerant to them again after a glutening? SOMETHING has gotten me and I'm not quite sure what. I thought it was cross-contaminated rice but now I'm not sure. I was pretty sure it was gluten (my first time since going gluten-free) because I had digestive symptoms. I usually only get psoriasis and insomnia from corn and soy - no digestive issues.

This was two weeks ago though, and I'm not getting any better. I've got bathroom issues still, plus the psoriasis is flaring and I can't sleep.

I found out that the vitamins (once again) that I THOUGHT were safe have soy. I stopped taking them several days ago and I am still getting new psoriasis spots every HOUR.

I'm heartbroken. I was doing so well. My psoriasis was completetly healed, I mean GONE. I was sleeping like a baby. And I had no digestive problems at all.

I've gone back to my 11 safe foods and I'm still having problems.

So, my question is, have I become intolerant to corn and potatoes again? Will I have to wait another year to add them back like I did last time? And do you think it's possible that the glutening I got has caused NEW intolerances to spring up in one of my 11 foods?

I'm confused and sad and disgusted. :angry::(:huh:

I dont have psoriasis but I have DH. After ingesting gluten it can take my DH up to 3 months to stop erupting and clear. Sorry :unsure:

Oh man...I am so sorry to hear that you are hurting again.

Something similar happened to me. I was healthier than I ever had been in my life for eight months last year. I had only added four foods back in that I had no reactions to for about a month when I had major, major backslide. I also went back to full elimination mode but have yet to get rid of my fatigue, brain fog, muscle and joint pain. I have improved my digestive system again - but it's no where close to how good I felt for those healthy months.

Beyond frustrating :huh:

It seems wise to stay on your 11 safe foods for some time to see if it helps.

I hope you feel better very soon and am also hopeful that someone can answer your questions with more positive results than I've had.

Gluten isn't an issue for me. I was intolerant to dairy. Then I wasn't. But the Dr. warned me never to eat it based on the symptoms I had. I didn't listen to her. I did avoid it for a very long time but I reasoned that since my daughter could now eat it (she had been intolerant too) and had no problems, then I could eat it. And no problems at first. And then there were problems but I was in denial about it. Then I got retested and I am intolerant. I don't know if I will ever eat dairy again. If I do it will be only very occasionally.