Persei V.

Have You Guys Been So Afraid To Eat...

Rate this topic

I've been ill for the last couple of days (damn you cashews, I trusted you) and now I think I'm recovering. My stomach is grumbling of hunger and stuff, and the last time I ate was 4 hours ago (three bites of apple, a thin tapioca), but I don't want to eat because I'm afraid I will get ill again.

I see many people having so much worst than me, and I wonder how you put stuff down your throat because I just can't, I feel so so afraid I'd rather be hungry.

How do you guys do eeet?

Not sure what you mean....and I want to help, :) but why are we blaming the cashews?

You need to eat.

Eat things you know must be safe like the apple. But eat.

Just try to eat plain foods. That works for me- chicken, rice. I add things in as I feel better. Still can't eat dairy.

What helps me recover is home made chicken or beef broth - its easy on my digestive tract since there's not much to absorb and you're still getting some nutrients. You can make a big pot of it, freeze it in several small containers, and use it when necessary. Its been a lifesaver for me when I'm sick and I don't feel like eating anything. Point being, we all need to eat regardless of how ill we feel - its more important for us to make sure we are getting nutrients than most other people. Hope you feel better soon...

I can't tolerate cashews. I believe they are in the same family is peanuts if that provides you any clues. Well, I taste taste and anaylyze all the time. It seems to be getting me somewhere. So Onward with us.

Diana

I can't tolerate cashews. I believe they are in the same family is peanuts if that provides you any clues. Well, I taste taste and anaylyze all the time. It seems to be getting me somewhere. So Onward with us.

Diana

Not exactly.

Peanuts are legumes.

Cashews are tree nuts.

If the OP is ALLERGIC to cashews, that is a whole different story.

Diana

Peanuts and cashew aren't the same family at all. If you have some scientific or medical evience of that or that they have gluten, please share it.

1.5 years later, I'm still afraid to eat. I do try, but i fall back into my "is it gonna make me sick? Am i allergic to it?" rutine.

Doesn't help that i'm getting over a bad case of stomach flu (going around at my uni, and of course i just had to catch it). So i'm on the iffy side of things for the rest of the week.

I've been ill for the last couple of days (damn you cashews, I trusted you) and now I think I'm recovering. My stomach is grumbling of hunger and stuff, and the last time I ate was 4 hours ago (three bites of apple, a thin tapioca), but I don't want to eat because I'm afraid I will get ill again.

I see many people having so much worst than me, and I wonder how you put stuff down your throat because I just can't, I feel so so afraid I'd rather be hungry.

How do you guys do eeet?

I'm big on self preservation so I eat. I learned a long time ago it's better for me to eat - my list of "waited too long to eat" problems is longer than the "no eating" list.

I'm going to assume you ate cashews that you are guessing were cc'd with wheat? Cashews, for me, are a hard nut (hah!) to find not processed in a wheat sharing facility.

I'm big on self preservation so I eat. I learned a long time ago it's better for me to eat - my list of "waited too long to eat" problems is longer than the "no eating" list.

I'm going to assume you ate cashews that you are guessing were cc'd with wheat? Cashews, for me, are a hard nut (hah!) to find not processed in a wheat sharing facility.

Well, cashews are plenty where I live because they are native and there are huge plantations of them around the corner (60Km away, I could just go there and steal some :ph34r: ) but insofar, I only ate cashews from facilities especialized in doing whatever they do with cashews so they are good to eat.

This package came from a guy on the street. They are usually safe and even better than the cashews I buy at the supermarket. But I don't know what their facilities are like, so... It is a possibility, and since I am healing steadily ever since I stopped eating cashews, I suppose they indeed were CC'd.

I'm picking myself up and trying to stuff some food down. Apples, bananas, scrambled eggs (since the pan I use to make them is only used to make them by all family, no CC risk) and juice are all I'm daring to eat right now, but at least I want to eat. I go down to only juice when I don't want to, so there's an improvement.

I need to stop being so anxious...