shadowicewolf

I Wonder What Would Cause This...

Rate this topic

A little while ago, i noticed that my left cheek was stiff/numbish (think coming out from having a numbing shot in the mouth). It goes from up near my ear to my lips. But its not really a numb numb, its more of a tingle?

I haven't eaten anything in about two hours (so an hour and a half after i ate). What i did was: ground beef, cabbage, onions, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. I don't think it is a reaction though, as i've had the same stuff a couple of times within the past couple of weeks.

I do have tendency to clench my teeth when i'm stressed. When i notice i'm doing this, i put my mouth gaurd in (as advised by my dentist). I have, in the past, had my cheek feel stiff when i've clenched my teeth.

Right now i'm using my heating pad and it seems to be helping some.

My axiety has skyrocketed with this if you can't tell. I'm probably making a moutain out of a molehill out of this.

A little while ago, i noticed that my left cheek was stiff/numbish (think coming out from having a numbing shot in the mouth). It goes from up near my ear to my lips. But its not really a numb numb, its more of a tingle?

I haven't eaten anything in about two hours (so an hour and a half after i ate). What i did was: ground beef, cabbage, onions, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. I don't think it is a reaction though, as i've had the same stuff a couple of times within the past couple of weeks.

I do have tendency to clench my teeth when i'm stressed. When i notice i'm doing this, i put my mouth gaurd in (as advised by my dentist). I have, in the past, had my cheek feel stiff when i've clenched my teeth.

Right now i'm using my heating pad and it seems to be helping some.

My axiety has skyrocketed with this if you can't tell. I'm probably making a moutain out of a molehill out of this.

I get this face tingle. Just one side of the face.

Mine is Trigeminal Neuralgia and seems to go along with Celiac for some people.

Try not to get anxious, it might make it worse. Moist heat helps.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001751/

Thanks.

I talked with my mom (who has her own share of nerve issues), she just thinks i gritted my teeth a tad bit to much and irritated the main nerve on that side of my face. That with the stress caused me to spaz a bit.

Its all gone now. :)

That's interesting. Last week I had a scare like that too, mine was down the whole side of my right cheek and under my jaw bone to the right side of my neck. It stayed with me until I woke up next morning (having had it from mid afternoon the day before). My mother suggested it could be a silent migraine (I've suffered with migraine for many years but never a 'silent one'). I tried to relax about it after that. Maybe Coeliacs are trying other foods since their change in diet that bring on migraine? .... Just a thought.

Hey, I get that too. It's a tingling all over my face, worse on my left side. My vision also tends to get a bit blurry.

I've wondered about the silent migraine thing myself. I've never had anything I'd call a migraine, but my father had a problem with them, and the symptoms are similar to a silent one. However, since it seems to happen along with stomach issues, I blame my stomach. But you never know.

I'd look at the tingling as a symptom, not a serious problem, but damn it's irritating (have it right now. ergh)