Pegleg84

Stomach Bug Or Food Reaction?

Rate this topic

Hey all,

so, over the past week or so my life has been Eat, feel like crap, repeat. It's possible a couple of those instances were due to slight cc glutenings, but today I had to stay home from work cause my stomach was so screwy (and i'm achy and lightheaded and all the other fun things that come with a reaction). I know it's not gluten this time, because I haven't eaten a thing I haven't cooked myself since thursday, and I was fine yesterday until supper. I've been suspecting other possible food intolerances (I'm casein and soy free, and have issues with eggs), and am being extremely careful so I know it's not gluten.

That said, could it be a mild stomach flu? Is there any way to tell? (I've been nauseous but not sick, due to my thankfully strong stomach). I have the chills a bit but no fever, and my sinuses are doing ok.

I've also just started taking digestive enzymes last week. They seems to help with some meals and not with others, and I get pain with some meals and not others whether or not I've taken it. Frustrating!

In any case, I have an apt with my doctor tomorrow, to finally get a referral to a GI (after 3 years, and all these issues popping up lately, it's time to get the State of the Stomach checked out).

Anyway, any advice is helpful, but mostly I'm stuck at home and in pain and want to vent. Eeerrrggghh....

Thanks

Peg

Did the problems start before or after you began the digestive enzymes?

Ive had a stomach bug for a week, and if my son wouldn't have had it at the same time I would have thought it was gluten or something else.

No fever and off/on D. Nausea. Digestive enzymes help, as do probiotics. Cramping after/during eating. Bloating. Worked out this morning and don't advise it - thought I was over it til then.

I don't know how to tell the difference. It didn't hit me like gluten, but if course I would have wondered and thought that's what had happened except for the germy kid.

I had it last week and thought it was a delayed/ongoing reaction from a glutening I had had three weeks previous. Horrible gas pains and D. I ate Stonyfield Farms yogurt (six probiotic strains) and it really helped.