playkate

Gluten-Free Delivery Service

Rate this topic

Hi and thank you in advance for reading my post. I work in collegiate athletics coaching and a member of my team has Celiac disease. We will travel extensively this Spring (by plane on a few occasions and coach bus otherwise) and cater all of our meals. I know she's very sensitive to any gluten and so while I trust my ability to make good decisions about what food ends up on her plate, I'm concerned that 1) I can't control whether a company cross-contaminates anyway and 2) that even if they don't, if I can consistently provide her with well-balanced meals instead of always ordering her salad while the rest of the team is eating pasta.

One thought I had was to use a delivery service of pre-prepared gluten-free meals. When we fly places, it can be delivered directly to the hotel and when we bus we'll be able to have it shipped to our office and put on ice on our bus trips until used. The two places online I've found are the following:

http://www.healthychefcreations.com/order.html

http://www.purefoodsfreshstart.com/

Is anyone familiar with these services and/or have you used another service that you think could meet our need? I really appreciate the insight. Thank you in advance for your time and response.

I haven't heard of either one, so thanks for posting!

I assume your student is knowledgeable about how to screen her food, and can tell you any addition sensitivities she has.

I think it's fabulous you're helping her find good, safe food on the road.

Try www.savorymoment.com. They are a local (Seattle) company that ships all over. I've shopped there many, many times and I like their food. I've never used their delivery service but I know someone who did while they were vacationing at the beach.