Juju71

Publix gluten-free List

Rate this topic

I am so upset right now. I use my iPhone & google every time I go to the grocery store. Recently I need to put a quick meal together for company. I decided to go to publix deli. Not a single worker could answer my questions about which prepared food was gluten free. So I got out my phone and started searching. I found a PDF of publix gluten-free list. On it, I found that an old favorite of mine, southern style potato salad (and their other styles as well). In the past week I have gone through two containers. Tonight I wanted to try another variety so I looked up the list again. The list did not have any of the potato salads listed. I knew I wasn't crazy so I kept investigating, and found that there are multiple revised versions of that list. The one I had used earlier was actually from 2007!! I'm upset because I've been so strict about being gluten-free since being diagnosed with celiac nearly two months ago. I'm supposed to be re-biopsied in November, and worried this has set me back! I'm praying that the salad not being on the list doesn't necessarily mean it has gluten. Any thoughts?

You just made a mistake that we all make. Nothing you can do now and there is no need to fuss over it (as the stress is not worth it). Remember it for the future and try not to do it again.

I have never had any trouble with the NY style potato salad from Publix, the mananger at our deli verified that it was gluten free before I had it the first time, but that was a year ago. I eat it probably once a month with no issues.

The rotiserre chicken there is gluten free too, and the chicken comes in bags of the merinade, those bags are in boxes and it all goes right from the box onto the skewers and into the oven, the chickens come from perdue so I was able to double verify they were gluten free.