Eric_C

Unethical Practice? Gluten Free Palace

Rate this topic

My wife went online and ordered about $200 worth of BiAglut pasta from Gluten Free Palace last night.

They held the money on the card and then sends her an email stating that they are closed until October 10th in observance of holiday.

No where on their website does it state they are closed, and no mention of it until after the order was placed via email.

We could not even cancel the order stating it was already being processed. Tried calling them and get the answering machine they are closed until October 10th.

Called the CC company to get the charges removed but if they are going to be closed and not processing orders for 11 days they should have a notification on their website before having people place orders, especially for food stuffs which are time sensitive and then telling you after the fact they are not open.

If you get no response from the company, contact the Better Business Bureau. Using a holiday as an excuse to be closed for more than a week sounds fishy.

Since the brick & mortar store is in Brooklyn, you might try the BBB in NY.

Maybe its a small company and they are taking a vacation? Would have made sense to put that in big letters on thier home page.

If they have an actual store, maybe its still open? You could call them?

It is Sukkot, so if they are stricter Jews (not sure I said that right), it is hard to have a business during this time.

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/holidays_cdo/aid/1126695/jewish/2012-Holidays.htm

I'm pretty sure its for the Jewish holiday.

They are free to close as they please but they should have at least put it on their website BEFORE you order that your product will not ship for 11 days after placing the order.

It must be for a certain sect of Jew's because the next thing I did was called a few of our Jewish customers we had scheduled for work this week and wanted to verify they would be in and had no idea what I was talking about not working.

We are middle of moving so we ordered early enough so that we thought it show at the new address before we moved to the new.