smpalesh

How Long Do Results Usually Take?

Rate this topic

I am in Ontario, Canada and I had the tTG test ordered for me and did the bloodwork Friday morning, September 28. All of the other bloodwork came back on Tuesday (CBC, vitamins, etc) but when I called to the dr today they said that they still had not received the results of the celiac test. So how long does it normally take? I would just like to know one way or the other. I am still feeling terrible all the time and I would at least like to know if there is a reason.

I am in Ontario, Canada and I had the tTG test ordered for me and did the bloodwork Friday morning, September 28. All of the other bloodwork came back on Tuesday (CBC, vitamins, etc) but when I called to the dr today they said that they still had not received the results of the celiac test. So how long does it normally take? I would just like to know one way or the other. I am still feeling terrible all the time and I would at least like to know if there is a reason.

They do take longer than other tests, especially if they do the EMA, but it really depends on the lab. I have heard of tests that took up to two weeks :blink: I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but hey, yours will probably come back sooner. :)

Can you call the lab and ask how long it will take to release the results?

What lab did you go to? Gamma dynacare is a 4 day turn around for TTG. By the way did you have to pay anything for the TTG test alone or was it covered by OHIP?