This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Found Something For Inflammation

AVR1962

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Fair point :o

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GottaSki Mentor

Six weeks on tea - eight weeks without all other supplements.

Tea is steeped very dark - twice per day -- I'm currently using two teabags in the morning and reusing them for second cup.

Am still slowly improving - more hours vertical.

Have added almonds back into diet - Happy Dance :wub:

Might lose the only high lectin food that remained in my diet - the incredible edible egg - going without for 7-10 days to see if it helps.

Not certain tea is reason for improvement - but seems to be partially responsible - when I don't drink it I feel worse -- again not scientific but remains promising.

Son stopped for almost a week - reflux did not worsen, but sinuses did - he's back on one cup per day.

• 2 weeks later...
kareng Grand Master

I think the tea was upsetting my stomach. Just a blech feeling. Tried Patti's sour cherry drink - it's a really god cherry limeade! So yummy but it isn't helping my joints. My hips are getting worse. So I'm trying this from Rosetapper. The oils have no taste in some Sunny D ( left over from Thanksgiving for the nephews) but it is oily. Only been doing it 2 days, so I'll report back.

Rosetapper:

"That said, I can give you a couple of remedies that should work for your muscles and joints. First, you should take chelated manganese, which you may be deficient in and which is extremely necessary for the health of your muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Secondly, if you take 1/2 teaspoon of organic flaxseed oil and 3/4 teaspoon of organic safflower oil and mix them in a smoothie or glass of juice once a day, your muscles will stop aching almost immediately. Your joints should start feeling better, too, in a few days. I'm pretty sure these remedies will help you out--good luck! "

IrishHeart Veteran

I think the tea was upsetting my stomach. Just a blech feeling. Tried Patti's sour cherry drink - it's a really god cherry limeade! So yummy but it isn't helping my joints. My hips are getting worse. So I'm trying this from Rosetapper. The oils have no taste in some Sunny D ( left over from Thanksgiving for the nephews) but it is oily. Only been doing it 2 days, so I'll report back.

Same here with the nettle tea and my gut. Had to stop it.

I tried ginger tea--steeped it. Very good for gut, no help with bones/joints

Love the tart cherry juice and seltzer with lime, but no help with the ouchies.

I tried the omega oils for 2 months--for my muscles and connective tissues.....I did not notice anything.

Not being a downer, just honest. As I always am.

Hope they work for you, K!

Rosetapper has good luck with that protocol for her muscles.

I am off grains again. I started to notice less pain and overall, just better energy, etc.after 3 weeks...then at THanX, I had some grains....and the pain shot right back up.

well, Duh, Irish....

GFinDC Veteran

I stopped the nettle tea also. I kept some for trying later, but don't drink it every day now. Same thing with peppermint tea. I don't think people should drink it every day either. Ginger tea worked for a while, but I had to stop it also. And cinnamon, and chocolate tea. Some things seem to be ok in small occasional quantities, but not in constant consumption. At least for me that's how it works.

bartfull Rising Star

A friend of mine has life-threatening gout. He tried the cherry juice and it helped some, but then he started taking celery seed capsules (from the health food store). His gout which used to flare up on him every few days has not bothered him in MONTHS now. They say it is great for arthritis pain too.

• 2 weeks later...
Skittles Enthusiast

wow thats amazing! What is nettle tea? Is it like an herbal tea? also, can you just get it at the grocery store? or health food stores?

Wanted to share this....I have been on a gluten-free diet for 1 1/2 years but for the longest time still having issues.....something in my body was being attacked randomly like a wild fire. I went completely grain free, sugar free 6 months ago and FINALLY after over a year the buzzing in my ears went away. If I did have any corn or rice I noticed my hands would get tight and my feet would hurt. So I tried nettle tea which claimed to help with inflammation.....BINGO, it worked!!!! I drank a cup every day the first week, now I drink a cup every other day and I can now have small amounts of corn and rice without my hands and feet hurting, and no more ringing in my ears!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

I get mine reasonably priced and delivered from Amazon. I have seen it at both the health food store and regular grocery store -- at the grocery it was labeled for prostate.

Skittles Enthusiast

thanks! :)

AVR1962 Collaborator

wow thats amazing! What is nettle tea? Is it like an herbal tea? also, can you just get it at the grocery store? or health food stores?

Skittles, nettle tea is made from the weed/plant, nettle. Have you ever heard of stringing nettle? It is a tall green plant that grows wild at least in Europe, not sure where all it grows. There are some teas that come mixed but I actually like the one that is nothing but nettles.

After my first week of more of daily nettle tea I backed off to 1-2 cups per week only steeping the tea for approx 1 minute (otherwise it is too strong for me) and I have not had any inflammation issues since. My body is no longer on fire and I am no longer chasing the next health issue. I actually feel normal now.

My husband has problems with gout and has been using the tea as long as I have and is reaping the benefits himself. We ran out at one point and he noticed he started having cramping in the arches of his feet which he had not even realized had gone away. He feels the tea keeps the cramps in his feet away. He drinks the tea almost daily but my body is super hyper sensative so I have to be real careful.

Skittles Enthusiast

I read where a couple of people were talking about it healing inflamation. Are you talking about inflamation in the stomach? Just wondering because my stomach gets swollen sometimes if I eat something that doesn't agree with me. And it isn't always just gas.. sometimes it just feels inflammed.

• 2 weeks later...
GottaSki Mentor

I read where a couple of people were talking about it healing inflamation. Are you talking about inflamation in the stomach? Just wondering because my stomach gets swollen sometimes if I eat something that doesn't agree with me. And it isn't always just gas.. sometimes it just feels inflammed.

Sorry no one answered -- inflammation everywhere in the body for me.

Update regarding Nettle Tea:

My son and I are still drinking once daily - he has one tea bag and I use two bags and let mine steep for a long time. We have found that if we skip a day or two our issues - my joint pain and abdomen bloat return slightly -- his sinuses become more stuffy -- this still has not cleared completely -- but is much improved since he has been drinking the tea.

I have found a reason that nettle tea is working for me -- it is a natural anti-histamine and I have recently found the connection between histamine containing and histamine stimulating foods to some of my unresolved symptoms -- I had already previously removed many histamine containing foods because many of them also contain lectins - removing them all has helped A LOT :)

Have been looking for a good - easy to understand list of histamine intolerance for the past month or so and found a very nice one yesterday -- here's the link if anyone is interested:

Open Original Shared Link

Skittles Enthusiast

Thanks GotttaSki

Archived