skalar

Palpitations, Breathlessness, Dizziness After Eating?

Rate this topic

I've done some research on celiac disease and wasn't able to clearly find if these are also symptoms of celiac disease.

For the last several months, I've been having these symptoms normally right after or a few hours after eating. It becomes much much worse with activity, if I take a long walk or if I even dare to work out I can get these symptoms. I don't ALWAYS get them, sometimes I can work out fine. But it happens to me at least once a week.

I've gotten blood tests, I did have a slight anemia for which I took iron pills and my iron level went up to 14.2 last time I checked

Vitamin b12 is normal, thyroid is normal, and all other tests came back normal (vitamins) and no sign of lyme disease.

I also had an endoscopy done several months ago for stomach problems (I've had digestive issues for a long time). I can't tell yet if my GI actually checked for celiac disease, so I will probably make another appointment with him to see if he did.

This morning, I ate wheat bread with red kidney beans and followed up with some soda and tea. I had a horrible attack of palpitations, shortness of breath and just feeling unwell. I thought I would faint (i have in the past).

Do you think I should go ahead and go gluten-free and dairy-free? I'm just not sure if I'm suspecting the right issues, because celiac disease doesn't mention these symptoms much if at all.

It could be. It could also have something to do with blood sugar, have you been checked for diabetes?

It could be. It could also have something to do with blood sugar, have you been checked for diabetes?

Yes, my blood test a1c came out 5.6 just last week, although a few months ago it was 5.9 (a little high, but not diabetes).

A few times when having these attacks I checked my blood sugar, once it was 136 and then another time it was 90. Not too high, not too low. So I ruled that out as a cause.

Yes, my blood test a1c came out 5.6 just last week, although a few months ago it was 5.9 (a little high, but not diabetes).

A few times when having these attacks I checked my blood sugar, once it was 136 and then another time it was 90. Not too high, not too low. So I ruled that out as a cause.

Hey i asked the same question a few weeks ago, they wont have checked for Celiac unless they were looking for it i was informed. Ive also had digestive issues since last November and been on PPIs (lansoprazole) a high dose of 60mg a day. Since i went gluten free about 60 days ago ive cut my tablets to 15mg a day and will be cutting them completely in a month. I think the gluten has been my problem all along and cant wait to get off the medication. Hope this can help you some how

EDIT: This is related to your opening post