GfLgirls

Hot Flashes In Children

Rate this topic

Hello,

I need help! My 10 year old Celiac daughter goes through periods of time where she is miserably hot. It is not all the time, but when this happens, it lasts for a few days to a week and she is miserabley hot and sweaty, no matter the temperature. There have been times when it happens and I know it is related to her accidently getting glutened. (Usually cross contamination)

This incident that we are currently going through, she doesn't have any of her other glutened symptoms that she would normally have.

Is there something I may be missing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Have you had her thyroid tested? It regulates body temperature. As you probably know, Hashimoto's is very common in celiac sufferers, and it can cause fluctuations in thyroid hormones--this causes a feeling of being very hot. I have Hashimoto's, and that's how it started for me.

Have you had her thyroid tested? It regulates body temperature. As you probably know, Hashimoto's is very common in celiac sufferers, and it can cause fluctuations in thyroid hormones--this causes a feeling of being very hot. I have Hashimoto's, and that's how it started for me.

THE GI Dr we were originally seeing tested her thyroid and said it was fine. They also didn't think she had celiacs, so maybe we need to get that retested.

So hard to find a good Dr.

With Hashimoto's, the hormone can be normal or high or low. In the beginning, it's all over the place....and it can come on quickly.

I would get that response when I consumed dairy products, in the beginning....just a thought. Try that simple elimination for two weeks and reintroduce, in three to four week. I bet it will be gone. I hope :rolleyes: