MissPatient21

Almond Butter That Is Made In A Gluten Free And Peanut Free Facility?

Rate this topic

Unfortunately, the only safe almond butter that I've been able to find is Artisana's Roasted Almond Butter, but they're discontinuing it! I'm not sure what I'll eat for breakfast anymore. Such a bummer.

I don't consume any sugar, and I have such extensive food allergies that I don't want to purchase an almond butter that has an added oil. That cancels out Barney Butter's new "Bare" line because it has palm oil added to it.

Does anyone know of a company that produces their almond butter in a peanut free and gluten free facility, and only uses just plain almonds in the jar? Preferably roasted, because I tried purchasing Artisana's raw almond butter today and it was icky. It was all dried out and cakey. Thank you!

Your kitchen? Almonds + blender = almond butter

Your kitchen? Almonds + blender = almond butter

Absolutely - I found it easy to make almond butter in a food processor.

Roast 2 or 3 cups of almonds for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Place in food processor to process for 15-20 minutes...yep it takes that long...first it will become almond flour and after time it turns into almond butter - be patient.

IMPORTANT: Make sure your almonds come from a safe source - I recently got burned by a 4lb bag that wasn't labeled as being processed in a shared facility - admittedly my fault but still no fun.